Topic: Possible Glitches - DowJones/US30 Premium Data
Hello everyone, I am a new user of EA Studio (EAS) and a brand new forum member. I have been testing the platform for a little over a week now. I find it simply amazing except for one very frustrating set of issues I’m having with the DowJones/US30 stop-loss and take-profit settings. I don’t know if there’s a bug in the system or if I am doing something wrong without realizing it. Either way, I am hoping that a few sets of eyes can help shed some light on the issues. I’ll try to explain the problems the best I can and also attach a few screenshots to help you understand what’s going on.
I am using the M1 Premium Data. All the relevant symbol specifications for my broker have been obtained from MT4 and entered in EA Studio’s custom Symbol Settings, including a spread of 170 (please see screenshot).
ISSUE#1: incorrect Min/Max price of US30 under Data Statistics (please see screenshot)
The Min/Max prices seem to be 10X bigger than what they should be: 314232.29 and 356857.99!!! US30 has never reached those levels.
ISSUE#2: margin used is 10X bigger than normal.
When I enter a trade size of 1 lot under Strategy Properties, the Margin used shows as 3363.88 USD instead of 336.39. Please note that I have set the leverage at 1:100 to match my broker. I am guessing that the incorrect margin shown is 10X bigger bigger because the Min/Max prices shown under Data Statistics are also incorrect by a factor of 10.
ISSUE#3: the range (in USD) of the Stop Loss (SL) and Take Profit (TP) seem incorrect (please see screenshot)
Based on a lot size of 1 and the min/max pips entered for US30 under Strategy Properties, I think the SL range should be 2.70 USD – 11.70 USD, not 52.85 USD – 61.85 USD!
As far as the TP range, it should be 0.00 USD to 9.30 USD, not -50.15 USD - -41.85 USD!
Notice how in all four cases, the values are off by 50.15 USD. Very strange and frustrating. I cannot figure out what’s causing those discrepancies. I tried EVERYTHING I could think of: rebooting computer, logged out/logged in again, used different computers, cleared PC’s history/cache, used different values in Symbol Settings, but nothing has worked!!! I am hoping that someone can either show me what I am doing wrong if I am the problem OR have EA Studio fix the bug if that’s what it is.
Thank you very much for your anticipated help!