forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

(Page 2 of 2)

Forex Software → Express Generator → How to get ExpressGenerator to run with Test.cmd file

Pages Previous 1 2

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Re: How to get ExpressGenerator to run with Test.cmd file

Popov wrote:

> but how do you handle settings that are unique to a pair like swap long and swap short?

> That's where you create new variables, %4, %5, %6, etc.

I solve this problem by having separate "ini" files for each symbol in a subfolder.

For example:
.\ini\EURUSD.ini

swap_long  = -6.88
swap_short = 2.02
stop_loss_range_min = 20
stop_loss_range_max = 220

Then, we can call gen.js with two "ini" files:

node .\bin\gen.js --settings generate.ini .\ini\%symbol%.ini ...

I didn't know you could call two ini files like that I guess, even more slick!

for aaronpriest ... I am trying to generate from data extracted from my Pepperstone server through the Data Export script. The first screenshot shows the generate.cmd setting, the second screenshot shows the file name format for Premium data, the third screenshot shows the file name format for Pepprstone data, and the fourth screenshot shows the error message at the command line.

The Premium data generation works fine but the Pepperstone does not. Can you see my error?

Thanks in advance

P.S. I attached the screenshots but I got the error "file has never been downloaded"

Post's attachments

Screenshot 2023-10-11 at 7.36.11 PM.png 136.42 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

28 (edited by aaronpriest 2023-10-11 18:48:28)

dlouisbriggs wrote:

for aaronpriest ... I am trying to generate from data extracted from my Pepperstone server through the Data Export script. The first screenshot shows the generate.cmd setting, the second screenshot shows the file name format for Premium data, the third screenshot shows the file name format for Pepprstone data, and the fourth screenshot shows the error message at the command line.

The Premium data generation works fine but the Pepperstone does not. Can you see my error?

Thanks in advance

P.S. I attached the screenshots but I got the error "file has never been downloaded"

Check the spelling in one of your screenshots, it might be a mispelling for a filename or folder: "peepperstone"

I corrected that spelling error and I still have the issue. Could it be that the format of the data file name is not recognized? For example, the generate.cmd line " --data-file ./data/Premium/%symbol%_%period%.json ^" finds AUDCAD_D1.json (Premium data) but can not find AUDCADr1440.json (Pepperstone data) in the format that the Data Export script extracts the data from MT4.

You are correct. The Premium Data and the Data Export script use different filenames.

(I know I have to unify them, but I still do not know what is the best way)

Try to load the data file by specifying the "server" instead of the "data-file".

--server Pepperstone ^
--symbol %symbol%  ^
--period %period% ^

Your Pepperstone symbols have an additional "r". Therefore, you have to use such a symbol name when you call your script.

START C:\express-generator\generate.cmd EURUSDr H1 60

31 (edited by aaronpriest 2023-10-12 16:17:11)

Popov wrote:

> but how do you handle settings that are unique to a pair like swap long and swap short?

I solve this problem by having separate "ini" files for each symbol in a subfolder.

For example:
.\ini\EURUSD.ini

swap_long  = -6.88
swap_short = 2.02
stop_loss_range_min = 20

Popov, is there any way to get the Data Export.mq5 script to automatically detect and include the swap long and short in the data exported, similar to how it works with spread?

Why is it when the below settings are in place that I still get 100 strategies in the collection.json file?

generate.ini collection_capacity = 100 and show_top = 30
generate.cmd show_top = 30

Post's attachments

Screenshot 2023-10-12 at 11.16.53 PM.png
Screenshot 2023-10-12 at 11.16.53 PM.png 81.09 kb, 1 downloads since 2023-10-12 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

dlouisbriggs wrote:

Why is it when the below settings are in place that I still get 100 strategies in the collection.json file?

generate.ini collection_capacity = 100 and show_top = 30
generate.cmd show_top = 30

Because your collection capacity is 100? If you want less strats collected then update the capacity setting with appropriate size.

Thank you for your reply ... if the collection capacity controls the final quantity of strategies displayed then what is the show_top = 30 setting for?

It is for visualization purposes. Setting of 30 prints you the 30 best strats, top 30 of the collected collection.

Sorry ... What do you mean by print? The collection json file contains the number of strategies based on the
--collection_capacity setting. Is there a file file associated with the results of the --show_top setting?

"--show-top 10" shows the top 10 strategies in the console when the Generator finishes.

https://image-holder.forexsb.com/store/show-top-10-thumb.png

38 (edited by aaronpriest 2023-10-14 00:11:14)

Popov wrote:

For example:
.\ini\EURUSD.ini

swap_long  = -6.88
swap_short = 2.02
stop_loss_range_min = 20

Hi Popov, my previous question probably got lost in the conversation... I noticed the .json files created by the Data Export EA already include swaplong and swapshort for each symbol. Does Express Generator use these custom swaps when using --server or do we have to specify them with swap_long and swap_short in an .ini file? I'm hoping it already includes them as it makes scripts simpler... ;-)

Pages Previous 1 2

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Express Generator → How to get ExpressGenerator to run with Test.cmd file