Topic: Power of FSB

Hi FSB Family,

I am not a Developer, but I had a Company in the past with some developers and understand most of it. I started Algo-Trading with Metatrader and Tradingview and used ChatGpt to write the Indicators for me. I am very happy with that, but I want to go the next step. I automated everything in my last company and love to see things running smoothly.
This is exactly what I want to do in Trading. I started with the No Nonsense Forex Strategy which has a clear Framework and works with Indicators. I aim to use FSB to build it. I tried to write down the rules and attached them here. Can someone tell me if these points are possible to integrate? Bye the way: I have most Indicators in mq4 or pinescript.
Really appreciate any answers

NNFX (No Nonsense Forex) Trading Strategy Requirement Specification
1. ATR (Average True Range)
Objective: Determine market volatility for setting SL, TP, and Trailing SL.
Options:
Various period lengths (e.g., 14, 20, 50)
SL Multipliers (e.g., 1, 1.5, 2)
TP Multipliers (e.g., 1, 1.5, 2)
Trailing SL Multipliers (e.g., 0.5, 1, 1.5)
2. Baseline
Objective: Establish the basic direction of the trade (Long or Short).
Extensive Indicator Options: Kijun-Sen, SMA, EMA, SMMA, LWMA, TEMA, DEMA, HMA, FRAMA, AMA, JMA, KAMA, Kalman Filter, T3, GD, Lurch, BB Stops, Parabolic nSAR, Top Trend, McGinley DI, ATR Stops, VIDYA, Low Pass Filter, Trade with Trend, VWMA, etc.
3. Confirmation (C1)
Objective: Additional confirmation for the trade direction.
Extensive Indicator Options: JA, ASH, ASO, SSL, AROON UP DOWN, CMF, ADX, HEIKIN ASHI, RVI, REX, DIDI Index, STC, TDFI, RAVI + MA, TSI, DPO, ATR + MA, T3_ADX, Forex_Index, Parabolic SAR, WAE, WAE Ext, VQZL, VZO, RSX, QQE, iTrend, FX SiperVS, RSIOMA BARS, RSIOMA LINES, LEMAN TREND, CHANGE QSTIK, PRE TREND HISTO, SDL MAM, VOLATILITY RATIO, SPEARMAN, MACD, ZEROLAG MACD, IMPULSE MACD, MA MIRROR, KUSKUS S, KUSKUS S + MA, AAS, TOP TREND, TRIX, TMMS BARS, TMMS BALLS, SOLAR WIND, J TPO VELOCITY, SQUEETE BREAK, DANIAMI, ACCELERATOR, ACCELERATOR LWMA, AWESOME, BRAID FILTER, MOMENTUM OSC, VERTEX, etc.
4. Volume
Objective: Additional confirmation via trading volume.
Extensive Indicator Options: The same as in C1, especially those related to volume.
5. Second Confirmation (C2)
Objective: Further confirmation of the trade direction.
Extensive Indicator Options: The same as in C1.
6. Exit
Objective: Determining the optimal exit point.
Extensive Indicator Options: The same as in C1 and C2.
Additional Rules
Continuation Trades: Entry opportunities following the initial trade.
NEWS: Consideration of news events.
EVZ: Consideration of the Euro Volatility Index.
One Candle Rule: Maximum of one additional candle to wait if one indicator does not give the "Go."
NEWS Exit: Exit rules based on news events.
EVZ Exit: Exit rules based on high EVZ.
Trailing Stop Loss and SL to Break Even: Dynamic adjustment of the Stop Loss.
Pullback Strategy: Entry after a price correction.
Backtesting Requirements
Capability to combine different indicators and their parameters.
Selection of the top 50 combinations for forward-testing and live trading.
Support for Metatrader is required.
Consideration of Open PL, especially in relation to Daily Drawdowns and Max Drawdowns.
Miscellaneous
Testing on multiple timeframes (e.g., M15, H1, D1).
Testing across approximately 35 pairs from Forex, Gold, Silver, and Crypto.

Thanks in advance,
Kuchuluh

2 (edited by Kuchuluh 2023-09-22 05:21:53)

Re: Power of FSB

230 Views. Can no one help with that? Or is it the wrong Forum to ask this?

By the look of the pasted description in the first post the short answer is no.

footon wrote:

By the look of the pasted description in the first post the short answer is no.

Thanks.
Can you explain which part is not working.
Writing the Indicators in C# is not a problem for me

Good to hear if c# coding is covered, if it is with AI I wonder how it manages with indis for FSB. There are quite significant things to consider!
But for the framework you laid out FSB is not suitable, firstly indis will not have access to position info. Therefore quite a lot of points can be crossed out already for exit points. Nor there will be a way for those multiple dynamic exits/entries. Incorporating news and volatility indis for backtesting in FSB can be done, but adding those to exported EAs means additional coding. The latter brings out the point that it is more practical to code everything in mql and save the hassle with c#. Additionally, playing with multiple platforms and then to top it off - make new revisions to exported EAs will make things more error-prone. Therefore the development time and effort doubles at minimum.
FSB is great at backtesting - it's fast and accurate with bar-by-bar trackability if one wishes. Mt tester on the other hand is garbage in comparison, total time-wasting trash. So if testing with rubbish is the target - why use FSB?
To sum it up - you will experience limitations if trying to implement the rules in the first post, few can be worked around (greater time + effort involved) and most of them don't fit the working concept of FSB.