forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forex Software → Help and Support → The reason for the difference in the result and its solution

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Topic: The reason for the difference in the result and its solution

Hello, I know that I may have bored you with my many questions

And I promise this will be my last question and I ask you to guide me so that I can be an expert.
Since I have the software and I have been working on creating and testing different experts, unfortunately, as I said here https://forexsb.com/forum/post/75245/#p75245
The results are completely different and opposite, for example, in the expert who creates the program, he writes that he makes $100 a day with the volume of one lot in the gold symbol, but in the backtest, he has zero balance in the first week.

In this thread Mr. Popov here https://forexsb.com/forum/topic/9468/fsb-pro-and-mt4-backtest-do-not-match/
Saying that perhaps the volume indicators are the reason for this difference in the results of the software and backtest
  If it is possible for you, someone can tell me the complete list of volume indicators so that I can delete them all so that he does not make an expert with them.

But I don't think the problem is only this and there are other reasons, where do you think the problem is??

please guide me

Re: The reason for the difference in the result and its solution

The most common reason for the discrepancy is a difference in the data.

Please be sure you import and use data from your broker.

You may also set a commission in case your broker uses it.

If the data match, the difference between FSB Pro / EA Studio and Meta Trader will be minimal even if you use Volume and Exponential indicators.

The recent version of FSB Pro comes with "Data Export" scripts, which makes importing data from MetaTrader very easy.
But even if you use the saved CSV files, it is the same.
Watch the User Guide videos to find details on importing historical data in FSB Pro.

Popov wrote:

The most common reason for the discrepancy is a difference in the data.

Please be sure you import and use data from your broker.

You may also set a commission in case your broker uses it.

If the data match, the difference between FSB Pro / EA Studio and Meta Trader will be minimal even if you use Volume and Exponential indicators.

The recent version of FSB Pro comes with "Data Export" scripts, which makes importing data from MetaTrader very easy.
Watch the User Guide videos to find details on importing historical data in FSB Pro.

To output information from Metatrader and enter the software from the two scripts you introduced
https://forexsb.com/forum/topic/5379/metatrader-to-fsb-data-export/
and data source fsb

I used, ofcourse, Expert Data Source FSB entered the spread values higher than the actual value, which I corrected manually, for example, for the euro, it was 2 points to the dollar, which was 18 points, and I corrected these in the software in the Data Horizon section.
So my data transfer is like this and I am not involved in data transfer myself, I use the two scripts that you introduced

4 (edited by saeedonline1214 2023-06-21 16:30:31)

((( The recent version of FSB Pro comes with "Data Export" scripts, which makes importing data from MetaTrader very easy.
Watch the User Guide videos to find details on importing historical data in FSB Pro. )))

I used the same two data transfer scripts
I have seen all the training videos, but maybe I haven't seen the video you are talking about. Can you give me the link that you say is the complete training of data transfer?

Post's attachments

Untitled.png 59.93 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

My experience:
I had been using craptester for checking custom indicator behaviour. Last year in the span of 12h craptester packed it in completely - with the same data, settings, experts, indicators it was unable to produce the result it was able to do 12 hours earlier. It is completely broken ever since and I have ruled out its use completely (for backtesting it has been useless from its inception anyway), now I check indis only in live environment by demo trading and the conclusion is FSB=demo results≠craptester. So Saeed it is rather probable you will never get similar backtest results.

6 (edited by saeedonline1214 2023-06-22 14:18:07)

footon wrote:

My experience:
I had been using craptester for checking custom indicator behaviour. Last year in the span of 12h craptester packed it in completely - with the same data, settings, experts, indicators it was unable to produce the result it was able to do 12 hours earlier. It is completely broken ever since and I have ruled out its use completely (for backtesting it has been useless from its inception anyway), now I check indis only in live environment by demo trading and the conclusion is FSB=demo results≠craptester. So Saeed it is rather probable you will never get similar backtest results.

Hello, thank you for sharing your experience, but every tutorial I saw on this site said that you must take a backtest and then test it in the demo.
I was surprised
To be more surprised, look here: https://forexsb.com/forum/post/75233/#p75233
  The data was transferred with site experts and without the volume indicator, the results were completely reversed

From now on, I will trust the results of FSB and test in the demo account and consider the results there.

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Help and Support → The reason for the difference in the result and its solution