1 (edited by Naya 2023-06-03 20:33:17)

Topic: simple tools for fsb pro users who use many robots

Hey, i just want to give my modest contribution to this forum by sharing some tools I use with FSB Pro. The tools really simplified my working time. Hopefully when the developer modifies the software to have similar functionality like EA studio in managing may strategies and exporting portfolio EAs, most of the tools will not be necessary.
Most of the tools were created with GPT3.5.(i know it is possible to get tools with similar functionality elsewhere and some users may be familiar with similar tools) ALL THE MT TOOLS ARE FOR MT4 ONLY. YOU MAY GO TO CHATGPT AND CONVERT THEM TO MT5.

OPEN MY CHARTS EA : This EA  will open a specific number of charts for a specific symbol and timeframe. ( it will work only during active trading hours or when the specified symbol is receiving live quotes).

CLOSE ALL MY CHARTS SCRIPT: This SCRIPT will close all open charts in  MT4 .

CLOSE ALL MY TRADES SCRIPT: This SCRIPT will close all open trades in the MT4 terminal (a similar script is found somewhere else in this forum)

APPLY MY TEMPLATES EA: This EA will apply template within a defined range to the open charts. It is require that the user opens just the require number of charts  per symbol so that the specific template with the specific EA and specific magic number corresponds to the chart. By default the templates are TPL0 to TPL1001 corresponding to the number of templates predefined in the MY FSB PRO EA MT4 TEMPLATES CREATOR PYTHON SCRIPT described below.

MY FSB PRO EA MT4 TEMPLATES CREATOR PYTHON SCRIPT: this PYTHON SCRIPT will create any number of MT4 template files (.tpl) with unique EA names and Magic Numbers but same strategy properties.  The script is designed to create templates with names TPL0 to TPL1001 (ie 1001 template files in a defined folder). the template names are identical to the EA names and the numerical suffix corresponds to the EA magic number.
below is the link to download the python for windows.
https://www.python.org/ftp/python/3.11.3/python-3.11.3-amd64.exe

BRU_setup_3.4.4.0: this is BULK RENAME UTILITY: i use it to rename FSB STRATS or EAs. Generally the user can name the EAs of a specific symbol and timeframe with a specific name with the TPL0 to TPL1001 range e.g TPL0 to TPL9 for 10 EURUSD EAs. in so doing the APPLY MY TEMPATES EA tool will be able to apply the specific EA to the specific chart. The user must ensure to record the ranges of the TPL names of the EAs the number of them so that he open the exact number of charts with the OPEN MY CHARTS EA and the APPLY MY TEMPLATES EA may attached the EAs to the required chart.
below is the link to download the bulk rename utility.
https://www.bulkrenameutility.co.uk/Downloads/BRU_setup.exe

NB: the files most obviously be placed in their corresponding folder; scripts in the scripts subfolder in the mql4 folder, EAs in the expert subfolder in mql4 and the template file in the template folder.... the python script has no direct relation to the MT4 terminal it will generate the template files in a named folder any where it is executed. The python script requires python-3.11.2 to work.

Post's attachments

APPLY MY TEMPLATES EA.mq4 2.53 kb, 5 downloads since 2023-06-03 

CLOSE ALL MY CHARTS SCRIPT.mq4 1.22 kb, 5 downloads since 2023-06-03 

CLOSE ALL MY TRADES SCRIPT.mq4 1.71 kb, 6 downloads since 2023-06-03 

MY FSB PRO EA MT4 TEMPLATES CREATOR PYTHON SCRIPT.py 1.08 kb, 5 downloads since 2023-06-03 

OPEN MY CHARTS EA.mq4 1.24 kb, 5 downloads since 2023-06-03 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Re: simple tools for fsb pro users who use many robots

Thank you for your tool! They will significantly reduce my working time once I've figured out how everything work .

Thank you for sharing theses tools !

Did you found a way to export all FSB strats to a folder without having to open them individually ?
Having to open 50 strats is a bit long ..

4 (edited by Naya 2023-06-04 23:07:42)

By default, the software allows opening upto 49 strats at once. i select all the 49 strats by highlighting them all and then pressing on open. it usually takes some time depending on your PC specs. i use a 40threads 96GB ram Dell PC and it takes less than a minute to open the 49 strats.  From then i use the export all to mt4/mt5 option to export the strats to either my MT installations or to a specified destination folder as defined in the expert advisor  settings.
It is quite possible to exports 100 or more strats if you select and open them but you would be able to view only the first 49 strats and the software will compute portfolio metrics  for only the strats you can view.

I can't find how to opens multiple strats at once, can you tell me how to do this please ?
Im stuck here And I can only open strategies one at a time
https://i.imgur.com/vihzvLj.png

6 (edited by Naya 2023-06-05 07:49:47)

Hopefully in future updates the Mr Popov may add the possibility of opening many strats at one from the repository

Oh, sorry, i though you meant from the strategies folder.
From the repository as far as I know you can open only one strat at a time.

Yes, I hope it will do an update about that but FSB is way less updated than EAS.
Opening 1 strat at a time to be able to export them is time consuming

In my case I just need Martingale to switch from FSB to EAS

jordytr971 wrote:

Yes, I hope it will do an update about that but FSB is way less updated than EAS.
Opening 1 strat at a time to be able to export them is time consuming

In my case I just need Martingale to switch from FSB to EAS

Are you successful with Martingale?
Tried what i could with it but the risk was unsustainable.

Not successful yet but I think i'm on the right track,
The biggest mistake with martingale is trying to make it work for a long period of time and not withdraw money asap
Martingale always blow the account and I think thats inevitable.

I am demo testing few strats generated by FSB on demo account for 1 month, then I am looking for the best one with steady profit and move them to my real account for only 1 week or less .

Yes it is still risky as martingale can blow the account in only 1 day but we need to be smart and don't trade with 10k account ..

If our ea's can make 1k in few days then we should not invest more than 1k and withdraw money as soon as the account is doubled so we are risk free

jordytr971 wrote:

Not successful yet but I think i'm on the right track,
The biggest mistake with martingale is trying to make it work for a long period of time and not withdraw money asap
Martingale always blow the account and I think thats inevitable.

I am demo testing few strats generated by FSB on demo account for 1 month, then I am looking for the best one with steady profit and move them to my real account for only 1 week or less .

Yes it is still risky as martingale can blow the account in only 1 day but we need to be smart and don't trade with 10k account ..

If our ea's can make 1k in few days then we should not invest more than 1k and withdraw money as soon as the account is doubled so we are risk free

I see. I tried to do that but i don't want to be looking at my trading account frequently (that's why I entered algotrading).
I suggest a 'better' alternative to martingale is to generate strats which exit at TP only.
Have tried such strats before?

I understand, I was searching too for a set and forget ea but have 0 success with it unfortunately.

No, I've never tried Ea's which exit at TP only I will be too afraid of Drawdown.
You can be stuck in a position for month, I prefer to take my loss and move on.