forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forex Software → Expert Advisor Studio → Backtest Does not match

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Topic: Backtest Does not match

Hello !
I requested a trial and while testing many things about generating and testing EAs, i am facing a problem.
The backtest in EA Studio never match the backtest in mt4. I searched all arount the web and i did the following  :
Import mt4 history for testing : from this point my backtest with mt4with metatrader bars became the same, but not with TickData.
I tried to export TickData Bars to MT4 and then export history to EAStudio, and no change, strategy are always hard losing on 99.9% tickdata.

I really want to understand this before the end of my trial because it seems to be a verry good software...

Thanks for all reply and help if you can provide.

Re: Backtest Does not match

Hello JinjongUNn,

>  from this point my backtest with mt4with metatrader bars became the same, but not with TickData.

EA Studio creates Expert Advisors who trade on the Bar Open only. We designed it that way to be sure the backtests in both EA Studio and MetaTrader are correct by using Bar Data only. You don't need Tick Data. It doesn't improve the test results.

However, you say that the tick-data and bar-data results are different. I cannot imagine such a case if your data have the same source. Using only bar data from your broker is always better.

I can confirm that I am getting 100% matches on bar open and on (correct) tick-data too, with no issues with the current version of EA Studio.

JinjongUNn wrote:

Hello !
I requested a trial and while testing many things about generating and testing EAs, i am facing a problem.
The backtest in EA Studio never match the backtest in mt4. I searched all arount the web and i did the following  :
Import mt4 history for testing : from this point my backtest with mt4with metatrader bars became the same, but not with TickData.
I tried to export TickData Bars to MT4 and then export history to EAStudio, and no change, strategy are always hard losing on 99.9% tickdata.

I really want to understand this before the end of my trial because it seems to be a verry good software...

Thanks for all reply and help if you can provide.

This video should answer your question: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGOnLKY_I2U

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Expert Advisor Studio → Backtest Does not match