forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forex Software → Express Generator → Bug [Fixed]: Stack Overflow on max_data_bars = 300

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Topic: Bug [Fixed]: Stack Overflow on max_data_bars = 300

Bug found:
When I put my --max_data_bars to 300, it throws as error:

RangeError: Maximum call stack size exceeded
    at Strategy.copy (/Users/timelleston/express-generator/bin/lib/xgen.min.js:1:52974)
    at Composer.nextStrategy (/Users/timelleston/express-generator/bin/lib/xgen.min.js:1:16775)
    at Application.mainLoop (/Users/timelleston/express-generator/bin/lib/xgen.min.js:1:2756)
    at Application.nextLoop (/Users/timelleston/express-generator/bin/lib/xgen.min.js:1:5206)
    at Application.mainLoop (/Users/timelleston/express-generator/bin/lib/xgen.min.js:1:3015)
    at Application.nextLoop (/Users/timelleston/express-generator/bin/lib/xgen.min.js:1:5206)
    at Application.mainLoop (/Users/timelleston/express-generator/bin/lib/xgen.min.js:1:3015)

Re: Bug [Fixed]: Stack Overflow on max_data_bars = 300

> When I put my --max_data_bars to 300, it throws as error: RangeError: Maximum call stack size exceeded

Mhmm. This is very interesting. I did not expect that smile) But I'm happy I know what is going on.

Express Generator becomes too fast and fills the stack before breaking its main loop recursion. I do it at every 200 milliseconds because every break has several milliseconds delay. However, if it makes more than 1000 (roughly) loops within 200 milliseconds, it overfull the stack. I never thought Express Generator may be so fast.

Now the obvious solution is to examine the limit it crashes and to break the NodeJS event loop just before that.

I'll have fun today.
I would start doing that immediately but I'm going to my morning Iaido session.

Thank you for reporting that!

Re: Bug [Fixed]: Stack Overflow on max_data_bars = 300

Fixed in v2.7

Thank you for the report!

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Express Generator → Bug [Fixed]: Stack Overflow on max_data_bars = 300