forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forex Software → Expert Advisor Studio → Realistic SL in backtesting after (weekend) gap

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Topic: Realistic SL in backtesting after (weekend) gap

Hi Miroslav,

I just saw that you´ve been mentioning this in the latest EA Studio update:

"- Fixed close on Take Profit in a gap to be at current Open."

Which is the right way to do it after a gap indeed. But how about the SL? After a weekend gap, it will also be executed at the next open price, even if it was surpassed by whatever amount of pips. E.g., say we have a SL of 50 pips, the trade carries on during the weekend, then the market opens 100 pips below our set SL. The trade would be closed at a loss of 150 pips instead of 50 pips. Does EA Studio simulate that correctly yet? It doesn´t look like to me, but it would be the correct way to simulate this during backtesting because exactly this happens in real trading.

Thank you :-)

Re: Realistic SL in backtesting after (weekend) gap

> Does EA Studio simulate that correctly yet?

Yes, EA Studio correctly simulates the SL, TP and Trailing Stop Loss.
If there is a gap and the SL or TP appears in the gap, EA Studio close at bar Open (+ spread for the short positions).
It does so because the bar Open is the first possible price to close.

> I just saw that you´ve been mentioning this in the latest EA Studio update: "- Fixed close on Take Profit in a gap to be at current Open."

I fixed a bug where EA Studio was closing at the TP after a gap. Now it closes at Bar Open (in our favour smile ), but this is how I think should be.

3 (edited by geektrader 2022-08-07 17:10:16)

Re: Realistic SL in backtesting after (weekend) gap

OK, perfect, I´ll be testing this once more, as these scenarios are very rare, it must have slipped me that EA Studio already simulates this correctly - amazing!

Yes, I absolutely agree about the fixed TP handling, this is how it should be and happens in reality.

Thanks again for thinking about everything :-) I am eager to see what further performance improvements will follow this year, I know you´ve got a lot of stuff in the pipeline :-) EA Studio, already now, is the fastest system generator out there by a margin of at least x10 - and I am using pretty much any other generator out there, be it StrategyQuant, Build Alpha, Adaptrade Builder, etc.

Keep up the great work :-)

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Expert Advisor Studio → Realistic SL in backtesting after (weekend) gap