1 (edited by Grifter 2022-07-05 23:00:19)

Topic: "Choppiness Index" Issues

So they way I understand it is, that when the choppiness index shows lower numbers this tells the trader the market is trending and when it reaches higher numbers the market has entered into a period of consolidation. Well when I look at the overview of my strategy to open long trades it says "When choppiness Index is lower than the level line" and the rest of the conditions are met then it opens the trade, which is great. But, when I look at the logic to open sell trades is says "When choppiness Index is above the level line" and the rest of the conditions are met it opens a short trade (or in most cases with this strategy, close open position and reverse). So it's only opening short positions during consolidation phases of the market?  Or is the logic wording inside FSB wrong and the indicator is working correctly? I'm already maxed out on the number of opening logic conditions so it's not like i can put 2 separate instances of the choppiness index and add "Only Short" to the one and "Only Long" to the other. The way I understand it is, this index is much similar to ADX in which if you select something like if "ADX is above the level line" open long trade but the same goes for short trades because the ADX doesn't tell you the direction of the trend, only the strength of said trend.

Re: "Choppiness Index" Issues

Delete everything you have on your system in regard to "old" Chop(indi, dll file, mqh file) and find the fixed one here -> https://forexsb.com/forum/post/58710/#p58710

Yep, the indicator's logic is wrong. I set it 50 so see if it would take long trades above 50 or short trades and it does unfortunately... It's a shame because i was really looking for something to filter trades when the market is consolidating and the way it is now and the inputs i have the market is almost always <70 and >30 so it's basically doing nothing right now.

4 (edited by Grifter 2022-07-06 00:02:39)

footon wrote:

Delete everything you have on your system in regard to "old" Chop(indi, dll file, mqh file) and find the fixed one here -> https://forexsb.com/forum/post/58710/#p58710

WOW! that was fast! Thank you very much. Your indicators have really open up more options for me. I really want to see how much better this should make this strategy.

Don't forget to remove choppiness index from your strategies before deleting the file or else you won't be able to open that strategy again because one is named ChoppinessIndex.cs and the correct one is Choppiness Index.cs (<--with a space) and FSB wont be able to open the strategy because that file doesn't exist once deleted