Topic: "Opposite entry signal" options

Dear Popov, thank you that's a nice feature, but what do you think about closing positions on opposite signals?

do or do not there is no try

Re: "Opposite entry signal" options

> what do you think about closing positions on opposite signals?

Your request refers to the FSB Pro feature "Next opposite direction signal". It has four options: Nothing, Reduce, Close, and Reverse.

It is perfectly doable in EA Studio also. The suitable options are Nothing, Close, and Reverse.

Popov wrote:

> what do you think about closing positions on opposite signals?

Your request refers to the FSB Pro feature "Next opposite direction signal". It has four options: Nothing, Reduce, Close, and Reverse.

It is perfectly doable in EA Studio also. The suitable options are Nothing, Close, and Reverse.

Yes Popov, that's what I mean, it'd be great to have such features in EA Studio.

I started implementing this feature with enthusiasm.

https://image-holder.forexsb.com/store/eas-opposite-direction-signal-options-thumb.png

https://image-holder.forexsb.com/store/eas-opposite-direction-signal-chart-thumb.png

However, I remembered why it is not in EA Studio yet. The problem is that we have to support Expert Advisors for MT4, MT5, and a Portfolio Expert.

The current implementation of the Portfolio Expert uses separate functions for calculating the entry and exit signals. I have to figure out how to make the entry signals close a position.

I managed to implement it in the experts.

The new version is uploaded online.

Currently the "Opposite entry signal: Ignore / Reverse" option is available in the Strategy Properties panel in Editor.

If we are sure it works properly in MT4, MT5 and the Portfolio, I'll make it available in the Generator.

Please reload EA Studio and test it.

nic so it means we dont need exit indicator..

> so, it means we don't need an exit indicator.

The option sets the EA to close the current position when there is an opposite entry signal.
If the above happens, it means that the same signal will open a new position automatically.

The "Opposite entry signal" may close a position for strategies without exit indicators and SL / TP.
Of course, it will work adequately with SL, TP and exit indicators.

NB. You know that when there are no exit indicators, EA Studio closes at the next Bar Open. For that reason, I use the "Do not Exit" indicator. It makes it clear that the new option works.

Popov wrote:

> so, it means we don't need an exit indicator.

The option sets the EA to close the current position when there is an opposite entry signal.
If the above happens, it means that the same signal will open a new position automatically.

The "Opposite entry signal" may close a position for strategies without exit indicators and SL / TP.
Of course, it will work adequately with SL, TP and exit indicators.

NB. You know that when there are no exit indicators, EA Studio closes at the next Bar Open. For that reason, I use the "Do not Exit" indicator. It makes it clear that the new option works.

ah ok..i thought do not exit means. it only close when tp sl reach..when did you run it for generator?

Popov wrote:

I managed to implement it in the experts.

The new version is uploaded online.

Currently the "Opposite entry signal: Ignore / Reverse" option is available in the Strategy Properties panel in Editor.

If we are sure it works properly in MT4, MT5 and the Portfolio, I'll make it available in the Generator.

Please reload EA Studio and test it.

Sorry for the late reply

I've tested the portfolio and a few single EA using CCI, BB, RSI, and MA Cross indicators, I can say it works very well.

Thank you very much, Popov, I'm looking forward to generator/reactor implementation.

10 (edited by hannahis 2021-11-17 17:48:17)

Nice work.

11 (edited by yonkuro 2021-11-18 09:29:30)

Popov, would it be possible to add "close" option in addition to "reverse", so the EA will close if one of oppsite entry rules is confirmed?

for example
the entry rule :
1. CCI below -100
and
2. Fast MA cross slow MA upward

the exit will be
1. CCI above 100
OR
2. Fast MA cross slow MA downward

best regards.

Hi Popov

I was thinking against to have reverse in that position you did

to have

LONG, LONG REVERSE and SHORT, SHORT REVERSE conditions

Maybe very complicated... Anyway...

> Popov, would it be possible to add "close" option in addition to "reverse"

The "reverse" entry requires fully valid entry condition. However, your strategy is valid as it is:

Entry rules:
1. CCI below -100

Exit rules:
1. CCI above 100

It will work because the entry rules are always ANDed and the exit rules are  ORd.

> Thank you very much, Popov, I'm looking forward to generator/reactor implementation.
I injured my back recently and will take a few days off. I'm already working on the next major update - MT5 portfolio. It comes with indicators refactoring and optimization. When we are sure everything is working flawlessly, I'll continue with the other stuff. My plans are to introduce Cryptocurrency data feed from Binance and experts for TradingView.

Popov wrote:

> Thank you very much, Popov, I'm looking forward to generator/reactor implementation.
I enquired my back recently and will take a few days off. I'm already working on the next major update - MT5 portfolio. It comes with indicators refactoring and optimization. When we are sure everything is working flawlessly, I'll continue with the other stuff. My plans are to introduce Crypto currency data feed from Binance and experts for TradingView.

Hi, Popov
How is your plane for FSB next update?

> How is your plan for FSB next update?
EA Studio is our primary product now. FSB Pro is a subject of stability updates and bug fixing. We consider FSB Pro as features complete.

17 (edited by footon 2021-11-18 19:52:37)

Popov wrote:

I enquired my back recently and will take a few days off. I'm already working on the next major update - MT5 portfolio. It comes with indicators refactoring and optimization. When we are sure everything is working flawlessly, I'll continue with the other stuff. My plans are to introduce Crypto currency data feed from Binance and experts for TradingView.

nice mt5 portfolio i will waiting..

oh you have back pain...i will give you advice and make this things of austin..

https://www.youtube.com/c/austingohofficial/playlists

this is so crazy..with such stupid excercises no doctor can help you but if you do it every day ..all will be well ;-)

Popov wrote:

I injured my back recently and will take a few days off. I'm already working on the next major update - MT5 portfolio. It comes with indicators refactoring and optimization. When we are sure everything is working flawlessly, I'll continue with the other stuff. My plans are to introduce Cryptocurrency data feed from Binance and experts for TradingView.

Sorry to hear that, I hope you'll get well soon.

Health is everything.

Popov wrote:

> Popov, would it be possible to add "close" option in addition to "reverse"

The "reverse" entry requires fully valid entry condition. However, your strategy is valid as it is:

Entry rules:
1. CCI below -100

Exit rules:
1. CCI above 100

It will work because the entry rules are always ANDed and the exit rules are  ORd.

Yes Popov, I mean like "reverse" but it only need one entry condition, so when I use do not exit indicator, it will automatically close position.

Added possibility to set the "Opposite entry signal" in the Generator or to let the Generator decide what is best for the particular market and settings.

https://image-holder.forexsb.com/store/generator-opposite-entry-signal-option-thumb.png

I'm so happy, thank you very much, Popov

Very nice Popov