Topic: balance/equity graph shown in back test and live test of mt5 is wrong!

Hi guys
I select an strategy in FSB and export to MT5 to back test but after running, the balance graph has descending trend while the trades are almost profitable and the graph should be ascending! I tried several times  for different strategies but this issue is remained for all of them. Also for live test....
Ill appreciate anyone helping me.

Re: balance/equity graph shown in back test and live test of mt5 is wrong!

Are there any errors? Are you using a netting account of mt5? Are you running the same settings? Are you using the same data? Is your strategy chain-dependent, meaning the starting point of trading affects following trades?

footon wrote:

Are there any errors? Are you using a netting account of mt5? Are you running the same settings? Are you using the same data? Is your strategy chain-dependent, meaning the starting point of trading affects following trades?

There is no error for backtest but I calculate manually the profit and must be positive while the graph shows loss. I use alpari demo account and Im using same setting and timeframe and time interval. I think the strategy is chain-dependent.

Data must be the same for both programs for identical results, I gather from your answer that you are not using alpari demo data in FSB, so that's an issue.

If your strategy is really sensitive of starting point, then I'd suggest you scrap it because it will fail in live trading.

footon wrote:

Data must be the same for both programs for identical results, I gather from your answer that you are not using alpari demo data in FSB, so that's an issue.

If your strategy is really sensitive of starting point, then I'd suggest you scrap it because it will fail in live trading.

I attached the screenshot of the back test in Alpari MT5. Do you think these trades should create ascending balance or not?
Visually, the win trades is more than lose trade but...! I can't  understand the reason!

Post's attachments

BACKTEST SAMPLE.jpg 222.89 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

I don't assess strategies visually because I can't do that objectively. I'm not sure now what is exactly the problem, only thing you can do is upload your EA for check-up.