forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forex Software → Technical Indicators → Improve flexiblity of spudfibo indicator(need modification)

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Topic: Improve flexiblity of spudfibo indicator(need modification)

1) EDITABLE fibonacci ratios (eg:1.236 , 1.618 , 2.618 , 0.5 , -1.236 , -1.618 , -2.618 etc..)
2) Fibonacci for MULTIPLE BARS instead of just one bar( eg:2bars,3bars,4bars,12bars etc..)
3) Option for both selling and buying at any fibonacci ratio/level

Thankyou.

Post's attachments

Spud fibo v3.cs 17.46 kb, 15 downloads since 2020-09-17 

SpudFibov3.mqh 9.57 kb, 14 downloads since 2020-09-17 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Re: Improve flexiblity of spudfibo indicator(need modification)

I'm not fully convinced, let me explain.

1) For that there's vertical shift parameter.
2) There's an option for using daily values (one bar, one day). But having an option for period makes sense.
3) This is already available, the conditions are:

"Enter long at Fibo0 (short at Fibo100)",
                    "Enter long at Fibo236 (short at Fibo764)",
                    "Enter long at Fibo382 (short at Fibo618)",
                    "Enter the market at the Fibo50",
                    "Enter long at Fibo618 (short at Fibo382)",
                    "Enter long at Fibo764 (short at Fibo236)",
                    "Enter long at Fibo100 (short at Fibo0)"

Or are you suggesting that a signal should be given anytime price hits a level? Sort of like a grid system of fibo levels?

1) for that there is vertical shift parameter

ans- vertical shift doesn't give us exact ratios like 1.236 ,2.618
     vertical shift is just for moving 1 or 2 pips above or below the fibratio without considering length of previous bar
     fib ratio should be calculated using previous bar or bars
     shifting doesn't give us next precise ratio.

(instead of fixed ratios if they are editable we can test using many ratios like 1.236,-2.618,3.0,-5.0 etc etc..)

2) yes multiple bars will be very very useful option

3)there is no option of logical group , i cannot use the same indicator for two different logics

for example: buy at +1pip above fibo 0.50 and moving average 5 rises , long only allowed  [logical group A]

sell at +1pip above fibo 3.618 and moving average rises , short only allowed  [logical group B] 

a)logical groups option is not available
              b)cannot use it with bar opening or price move.
              c)same issue with both opening and closing logic conditions

forgive me for my bad explanation.
thank you for your quick response.

Post's attachments

explanationfib.jpg 264.05 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

explanationnegative ratio.jpg 197.33 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

can be used for 3 strategies

Post's attachments

3in1explanation.jpg 325.78 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

I'll add this to my plans. I have to think this through first, can't give you a date though when it will be done.

A word of caution smile Your illustrations have some faults. For instance, you have marked a swing leg and positions on it, but those trades are possible after the swing has finished and then defined/recognized by the indicator! Secondly, with using a period it is possible that the levels get re-drawn faster and in a way you don't expect. It is difficult to emulate manual trading decisions and rules in FSB in some cases. One of the most important aspects to keep in mind is that there is no way to use position information like opening price in setting up exit conditions.

Yes I couldn't replicate those strategies without that indicator , I tried many indicators to replicate  but non of them could replicate it.. and yes opening price closing price and logic conditions it's complex big_smile  and thank you so much for giving your time and showing interest to upgrade it..  smile

7 (edited by jeevan 2020-09-21 07:57:17)

Hi Footon i have put many files which will help so much in pattern recognition and some of advanced support resistance this will delimit our boundaries and also give ideas for many more indicators which will be very useful  smile all the information which i'm giving is best of what i know hope it helps you , popov and other developers to improve fsb much better with unmatchable pattern recognition technology which is not available anywhere except with proprietary trading firms , hedge funds , dark pools etc...

https://mega.nz/folder/TgwyCC4Y#d4kdkehaocW_XW1s_8kVqQ

have a great day big_smile

i'm just curious and excited to see what all new and exotic things will roll out soon.. big_smile

jeevan wrote:

Hi Footon i have put many files which will help so much in pattern recognition and some of advanced support resistance this will delimit our boundaries and also give ideas for many more indicators which will be very useful  smile all the information which i'm giving is best of what i know hope it helps you , popov and other developers to improve fsb much better with unmatchable pattern recognition technology which is not available anywhere except with proprietary trading firms , hedge funds , dark pools etc...

https://mega.nz/folder/TgwyCC4Y#d4kdkehaocW_XW1s_8kVqQ

have a great day big_smile

i'm just curious and excited to see what all new and exotic things will roll out soon.. big_smile

Hi Jeevan,

Thanks for sharing with us your reading resouces...in a nut shell, what comments would you give from what you have read so far?  Is there any particular method/indicators/process you would recommend that would help identify useful patterns in forex?

9 (edited by jeevan 2020-09-22 17:17:02)

Is there any particular method/indicators/process you would recommend that would help identify useful patterns in forex?

okay here are some of wonderful things that i have learned about markets .

reverse engineering markets

1) illusion = an instance of a wrong or misinterpreted perception of a sensory experience , a deceptive appearance or impression , a false idea or belief.

Middle English (in the sense ‘deceiving, deception’): via Old French from Latin illusio(n- ), from illudere ‘to mock’, from in- ‘against’ + ludere ‘play’.

means " to mock against play  ".

deception = the action of deceiving someone.

2) characteristics of markets

a) markets are fractal in nature (90% of people fall for this quality of market)
b) markets are repetitive in nature (those winning people don't get lost in fractals and make use of this repetitive
    behaviour ) being able to identify this quality we can make it very useful for making decisions.

3)To profit all the time from every move in the market , we should be able to consume all the risk it throws at us.

if you want to profit from every move in the market you should use three different strategies

1) mean reversion

( high win rate +drawdowns will always be above 40%-50% +many small profits)
      smooth steady equity curve.

2) trend following
      (low win rate + low drawdowns 25%-30% + many loosing trades + few large profits)
      not so good equity curve.

3) breakout trading
    (average win rate +average drawdows 30%-%50% + average win rate + average profits )
      equity curve is havoc.

if you want to take less exposure then you should trade only one system that will keep you away from staying in markets all of the time .

4) Hybrid of above systems

eg: trend following +mean reversion
       (good win rate 60% + good drawdown 30% + good profits )

5) always eat a percent of what you kill (scaling-in scaling-out)
     inverse scaling or averaging in.

6) a) what is that illusive market structure ? ans = elliot waves (they are fractal)
    b) what is repetitive nature ? ans = fibonacci (they are repetitive)

a and b combined are called harmonics (one of the best illusive patterns)

7) always have good negotiating skills to negotiate with brokers for reducing commissions , high volume trades , high frequency trades etc..

8) portfolio
Multiple non correlated instruments or same instrument with multiple strategies

end of traders life.

Hi Jeevan,

Thanks for the quick overview.  So in your opinion, how do you translate these knowledge into practical steps to be used in EA studio or FSB Pro?

11 (edited by jeevan 2020-09-22 17:35:06)

Scaling is not possible  rest all can be done excellently..   footon is working on Fibonacci indicator..  all the strategies can be made for higher timeframes all the existing indicators can accomplish our work..  depending on your system you can choose you best suited set of indicators.  Only two three things are missing Fibonacci ,  support and resistance which can be replicated with fuzzy logics.. but if we are aiming for short time like just aiming for two three pips then we need precision.. and scaling is part of money management which might come in near future..  but after digging internet I found that there is no other software that can beat fsb and if the three things add up I guess this will be first most complete  software that will be available to retail traders.  As of now it's 5star software others are 2 or 3 star..  just go through those books you'll understand how to replicate those strategies with available indicators like When to use what to use how to filter etc etc..

Thanks for your insight.  Scaling in in FSB is the adding function.  Wish to have that in EA Studio too because it's a game changer.

Yes.  Scaling-in is adding , but scaling-out is reducing in multiple take profits but we have reducing on opposite signal but not on multiple exit conditions anyways what we have now is more than enough but we are only trying to push it to next level.. and yes fsb is great.. Happy trading...

14 (edited by footon 2020-11-18 10:38:36)

Modified indi attached. Report problems if any.

Post's attachments

SpudFiboJV.cs 18.71 kb, 17 downloads since 2020-11-18 

footon wrote:

Modified indi attached. Report problems if any.

Bad request. The link you followed is incorrect or outdated. can't download it.

Forum migration problems apparently. I re-uploaded it, should be fine now.

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Technical Indicators → Improve flexiblity of spudfibo indicator(need modification)