1 (edited by zikka1 2020-06-02 13:39:51)

Topic: StrategyQuantX vs FSBPRo

Hi,

I'm interesting purchasing either SQX or FSBPro for FX in MT4 and would be interested in hearing some objective opinions comparing the two.

I value of course the production of strategies (with longevity), simplicity, replication of results on MT4 and most importantly, the ability to stress-test strategies to avoid curve-fitting e.g. multi-market, multi-time frame tests, enter/exit [x] bars later, MC with skipping trades, the ability to select "chunks" of OOS periods etc. I would like to, at the least, create a variety of robust strategies that work well as a portfolio across instruments.

At the moment, I am looking at daily time frames only but in future will diversify with intra-day.

Can FSBPRO be used with indices and futures?

Just to be clear, I would be OK trading a strategy that doesn't "make sense" to human intuition provided it is rigourously tested to rule out curve-fitting e.g. if an "illogical strategy" trades well across 10 markets for years, I don't care if it doesn't make "logical sense"

Thanks

Re: StrategyQuantX vs FSBPRo

You will have to test both aggressively to answer your questions.  Someone else' opinion will not serve you well

I own both now as well as some other EA and Indicator building methods.  From an "ease of use" standpoint, SQX is far better because everything is integrated and flawless.   From a practical building perspective, FSB is better.  Each comes with additional software that is helpful in building EA's and the pricing is similar.  BUT - I have yet to get a workable EA out of SQX for 3 months.  SQX you have to leave your computer running 24/7 for days to come up with some whereas FSB takes only a minute or 2.  But either way, I have specific signal combinations that work on a chart and manually that both software products cannot duplicate.  Or - I am not using them correctly.

If you only want one piece of software - FSB is the best choice.  It is faster to create a strategy and test.  The support from author is also better.

All the best.

Update to my last post: I just purchased the "ultra" part of SQX.  It still has some bugs, but things are getting better.  The best part of SQX is that doing a back test in MT4/5 is fairly fast.  FSB is close to impossible to get a MT4/5 back test done in a few days. 

Just a heads up.

I tried SQ ones. It made a strategy that compares MACD with RSI. I quit.

Contrarily to that, FSB Pro always provides logically correct strategies. We specially made it to not be possible to compare apples with oranges.