1 (edited by zikka1 2020-06-02 13:39:51)

Topic: StrategyQuantX vs FSBPRo

Hi,

I'm interesting purchasing either SQX or FSBPro for FX in MT4 and would be interested in hearing some objective opinions comparing the two.

I value of course the production of strategies (with longevity), simplicity, replication of results on MT4 and most importantly, the ability to stress-test strategies to avoid curve-fitting e.g. multi-market, multi-time frame tests, enter/exit [x] bars later, MC with skipping trades, the ability to select "chunks" of OOS periods etc. I would like to, at the least, create a variety of robust strategies that work well as a portfolio across instruments.

At the moment, I am looking at daily time frames only but in future will diversify with intra-day.

Can FSBPRO be used with indices and futures?

Just to be clear, I would be OK trading a strategy that doesn't "make sense" to human intuition provided it is rigourously tested to rule out curve-fitting e.g. if an "illogical strategy" trades well across 10 markets for years, I don't care if it doesn't make "logical sense"

Thanks

Re: StrategyQuantX vs FSBPRo

You will have to test both aggressively to answer your questions.  Someone else' opinion will not serve you well

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....