Topic: Risk managment in FSB EAs

There is an option to limit the loss of every EA created in the FSB can make in a specific period of time?

Let say I want to limit an EA to lose up to 1% of the account balance in a single month (if the EA loses already 1% of the account balance, it will not be able to open new trades until the next month and so on).

Re: Risk managment in FSB EAs

Look up Minimum Account protection in the exported experts. It might not be exactly what you're looking for but hopefully still of use.

Footon could you please guide me the steps to set up "minimum account protection"?
I was unable to find this option anywhere in FSB.
Thank you.

Max, pay attention to details, the devil is in the details. As I said, it is in the expert. Look at expert settings in MT or open the expert file and at line 60 is

// If account equity drops below this value, the expert will close out all positions and stop automatic trade.
// The value must be set in account currency. Example:
// Protection_Min_Account = 700 will close positions if the equity drops below 700 USD (EUR if you account is in EUR).
static input int Protection_Min_Account = 0; // Stop trading at min account

Thank you Footon for your answer.

This way I can protect the balance for the entire account but can't limit the damage one EA can cause.

Let say I trade 100 EAs on my account, if on EA perform very bad it can erase the a big part of the account (much more than its percentage among the EAs trading on the account) until the protection min I have set.

Furthermore, that way I can't limit the loses by time and just can limit loses by the account equity.

Footon's answer is correct because you ask for the "Risk management in FSB EAs".

The behaviour you require is very specific and needs a code modification. You may hire a freelancer MQL programmer to do it for you. The profit for the single expert can be tracked by the expert's Magic Number.

There are a couple free tools on the net that will do the job.

Have a look at this one, it gives a fairly good accounting of what is happening.

You can also use FXBlue and sort the various magic numbers to see if there is problems.

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....