Topic: Complex EX created on FSB will not run in MT4 or MT5 plataforms

I created a complex EA with more than 6 variables on entry/ exit , on time frame M1.
Loaded the EA into MT4 and MT5 respectively and properly.
The EA's performed contrary to FSB results , very poorly. ( Not expected to work anyway due to the fact that the back-test  was null or not successful)
I used 4 different demo accounts : IG, FxChoice and Alpari for MT4 and Alpari for MT5,  it did  run in extremely slowly on all 4 demos. (The CPU  and memory of the computer remained under 60%)

I observed:

1.- The code is approx. 8000 lines long.
2.- It takes for ever to do a back test of a few days (More than an hour in a very fast machine 4Gz ( 8 cores), & 32Gb of Mem)
3.- Even thought the back test was initiated in MT5 , it was  stopped several times after a longer testing period was entered making the back test even more cumbersome and lengthy in time (hours) - Usually MT5 uses all the 8 CORES during  this  process but it seam for ever the waiting time.
4.- In MT4 the back test end up with results not in accordance to FSB modeling.
5.- In FSB the EA works like a champion.
6.- After running Montecarlo and Comparator , still the EA looks like a charm but ot after back*tested on MT4 .
7.- The code compiles 100% good in MT4 , MT5.

I am submitting the FSB and the EA for MT for further analysis of the case and find a resolution.
Most probably I am doing something incorrect, but I do not know at this time .
Possibly too many variables are been used!

Txs.

Post's attachments

MACD M1 OPT.xml 19.4 kb, 8 downloads since 2020-03-30 

MACD M1 OPT1.mq4 335.41 kb, 3 downloads since 2020-03-30 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Re: Complex EX created on FSB will not run in MT4 or MT5 plataforms

Upload Sane Macd, I cant find it, mqh version also.

Here is the indicator.

I do not know where this indicator " Sane MACD " came form.
I just used it.

Post's attachments

Sane MACD.cs 19.77 kb, 2 downloads since 2020-03-31 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

I didn't detect obvious faults. I don't trust MT backtest, especially in demanding layouts.

What I do in times of doubt. In this strat's case I would open all relevant timeframes in MT and start demo trading. After few trades have been made, I would save all relevant timeframes to FSB and then check if demo trades correspond to backtest trades. There are some issues of course, for instance chain dependency, where trades don't match due to differing starting point in data. If this destroys the strat, it is rubbish one way or another.

Certainly it is an indicator-heavy strat, so performance can be an issue.

What do you mean by  "ndicator-heavy strat, so performance can be an issue"?
Txs.

That there are many indicators and bear in mind that all of them are calculated at each incoming tick, so if your computer is overloaded or basic, using this EA can make it sluggish. I have an old computer by today's standards, but I didn't have performance issues. I'll try it on demo once again and take note of system stats.

Txs for the review .
I will continue testing it and report any advances.