Topic: ambigious bars and generator not generating any strategies

Hello

I updated my data source today. After the update, generator not generating any strategies at all for any time frames. Only show large number of ambiguous bars. I read on another post, Footon said the following:
"you can reduce the number of ambiguous bars and to make the test more reliable by switching on the Testing → Automatic Scan option. It will force Forex Strategy Builder to use all available intrabar data for better bar interpolation."

Where do I find the "Automatic Scan" option? How can I fix this issue and get the generator to work again?

Thanks

Post's attachments

fsbpro-stat.jpg 121.13 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Re: ambigious bars and generator not generating any strategies

Here the problem is very different. This is the default "empty" strategy, which doesn't trade because there are no indicators that determine the trading direction.

You have only entry point "Bar Open", which determines when to open a position but not the direction. For that reason, FSB Pro shows that all bars are Ambiguous.

You have to simply add Opening Logic Conditions to set the trading direction. Another option is touse the Generator to create new strategy.

Hello

The conditions that I posted earlier was from running the generator. And since the generator did not generate any startegies therefore only show "Bar Opening" and "Bar Closing".

I am not trying to create my own logic. I am just trying to generate some strategies using FSBpro generator.

Previously I could use the generator to generate strategies. But today, no luck

Various reasons are possible:
- too strict Acceptance Criteria,
- not enough data bars to make the minimum required deals.
- improper settings for the Stop loss.
- disabled indicators
- problems with the Symbols settings

If you think, the reason is only the data, you can try with your previous Data Source.

1. Previously I was working on M30. Now I want to work on M15. Is it possible that generator could not generate any strategies on lower time frame? M15 surely have more bars than M30, can it still be considered to have not enough data bars?

2. Acceptance criteria and stop loss settings, I follow your example in this tutorial https://forexsb.com/forum/topic/5172/expert-advisors-video-series/

3. As for indicators, everything is left to the default setting

4. When you update data source, do you need to update the symbol settings too each time?

5. how do I fix large number of ambiguous bars?

I am not sure what is causing this, so I asked. Hoping that I could get some ideas

Is it possible that generator could not generate any strategies on lower time frame?

The Generator generates strategies for every timeframes. It doesn't make a difference for the timeframe, symbols, or broker. It tries to generate strategies for the bar data you provide by using the available indicators and fulfilling the Acceptance Criteria. It works for all timeframes. However, the data specifics may change the output. For example, the shorter tie frame usually has a larger number of bars with a lower range. It may happen that the lower timeframe require different acceptance criteria.

4. When you update data source, do you need to update the symbol settings too each time?

It depends on what you mean by "update" a data source. Generally, you add a symbol and adjust the symbol's settings once.  Of course, you can change them later, but this is not necessary.

If you mean updating the data files, it is also not necessary.

If you put data from a different broker in the data folder of another broker, you may need to change the settings.

5. how do I fix large number of ambiguous bars?

There is nothing to fix in your case. FSB Pro shows that all bars are "Ambiguous" because the "new" strategy has ambiguous trading rules for every single bar. You simply need of a trading rule. Use any opening logic condition indicator and the ambiguous bars will disappear.

Your strategy has zero trades. it is not important how ambiguously it made them.

I am not sure what is causing this, so I asked. Hoping that I could get some ideas

There are many possible reasons however without further information we cannot give correct advice.

You can try to disable the Acceptance Criteria because this is a reason number one that prevents accepting new strategies.

Please give us more information:
- open one of the provided demo strategies. Is it shows any trading result?
- does the Generator generates strategies on H1 and M30 but not only on M15?
- how did you update your Data Source? Please post screenshots.

Try to generate on the "MetaTrader Demo" data or download new data from "History Center" -> "Demo Data"

Hello

Thank you for the clarifications. So when updating just data files, no need to update the symbol settings. Also the generator would always start with large number of ambiguous bars until a strategy is generated. So like you said earlier, there was nothing to fix in my case.

I updated data source from history center's import function (please see attached). I opened all the charts on MT4 client terminal and changed the time frame one by one from M1 to W1. After that then I copied the MT4's history folder path to the FSBpro.

When I opened one of the demo strategies, for EURUSD M15 I could see some result was generated. But other symbols like EURJPY M15 no results were generated.

I managed to get the generator to generate strategies (EURUSD M15) by running it longer. I changed it from 30 minutes to 120 minutes. But changing to another broker's data source and FSB Demo data, the generator managed to generate strategies for the same EURUSD M15 pair quickly for both data source (less than 30 minutes). So I guess its broker's data related issue, no?

Thanks

Post's attachments

datasource.jpg 71.81 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.