Topic: Engulfer/Candle body Size indication

Hi there,

I would like to program a simple engulfing EA. But: how can I compare the length of a previous candle body (eg bearish) to the lentgh of the follwing candle body (eg bullish)? I thought I could use "Bar Range" but this uses always the candle-length inclusive the wicks. The same with ATR. With "Percent Change" I can only compare the bodylength of 2 bullish or 2 bearish Candlebodies but not a bearish with a bullish.

Best regards

Christine

Re: Engulfer/Candle body Size indication

> I would like to program a simple engulfing EA.

You can utilize the full programming capabilities of the MQL language in the MetaTrader Editor. MQL is a Turing complete language and you can do virtually anything with it.

On the other hand, FSB Pro and EA Studio use pre-programmed indicators and logical rules, which provide reliable backtesting and a capability to generate strategies.  You may search for a suitable custom indicator or to create one for your purpose.

You may also try the Candle Color indicator. If you want to make a combination of candles with different properties, you set several Candle Color indicators with a proper "signal shift".

I don't remember when and where I found the thing here. Works though.

Post's attachments

Engulfing Candles v1.cs 4.84 kb, 9 downloads since 2019-12-10 

Engulfing_Candles_v1.mqh 4.49 kb, 7 downloads since 2019-12-10 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Hi tho.schu,

thanks. Can you give me some help (link...) how I can import/use this mqh & cs file in FSB?

for .cs   =>  C:\Program Files\Forex Strategy Builder Pro\User Files\Indicators 

for .mph =>  C:\Program Files\Forex Strategy Builder Pro\User Files\MT4 Files\MQL\Forexsb.com\Custom

is this OK?

6 (edited by tho.schu 2019-12-10 13:23:48)

If the EA export does not work, additionally here:

for  .mph   =>   C:\Program Files\Forex Strategy Builder Pro\User Files\MT4 Files\MQL\Forexsb.com\Indicators

Great thanks a lot,

will try it!