forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forex Software → Forex Strategy Builder Professional → Engulfer/Candle body Size indication

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Topic: Engulfer/Candle body Size indication

Hi there,

I would like to program a simple engulfing EA. But: how can I compare the length of a previous candle body (eg bearish) to the lentgh of the follwing candle body (eg bullish)? I thought I could use "Bar Range" but this uses always the candle-length inclusive the wicks. The same with ATR. With "Percent Change" I can only compare the bodylength of 2 bullish or 2 bearish Candlebodies but not a bearish with a bullish.

Best regards

Christine

Re: Engulfer/Candle body Size indication

> I would like to program a simple engulfing EA.

You can utilize the full programming capabilities of the MQL language in the MetaTrader Editor. MQL is a Turing complete language and you can do virtually anything with it.

On the other hand, FSB Pro and EA Studio use pre-programmed indicators and logical rules, which provide reliable backtesting and a capability to generate strategies.  You may search for a suitable custom indicator or to create one for your purpose.

You may also try the Candle Color indicator. If you want to make a combination of candles with different properties, you set several Candle Color indicators with a proper "signal shift".

I don't remember when and where I found the thing here. Works though.

Post's attachments

Engulfing Candles v1.cs 4.84 kb, 9 downloads since 2019-12-10 

Engulfing_Candles_v1.mqh 4.49 kb, 7 downloads since 2019-12-10 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Hi tho.schu,

thanks. Can you give me some help (link...) how I can import/use this mqh & cs file in FSB?

for .cs   =>  C:\Program Files\Forex Strategy Builder Pro\User Files\Indicators 

for .mph =>  C:\Program Files\Forex Strategy Builder Pro\User Files\MT4 Files\MQL\Forexsb.com\Custom

is this OK?

6 (edited by tho.schu 2019-12-10 13:23:48)

If the EA export does not work, additionally here:

for  .mph   =>   C:\Program Files\Forex Strategy Builder Pro\User Files\MT4 Files\MQL\Forexsb.com\Indicators

Great thanks a lot,

will try it!

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Forex Strategy Builder Professional → Engulfer/Candle body Size indication