Topic: Strategy Builder - Settings
I have been having a few issues and would be grateful for some advice on the following:
1. When I try to find strategies using default settings (i.e. 10,000 GBP account value) and then test these in MT4 with an actual account value of GBP 500, I get no trades in MT4. Is this normal? It seems obvious now ... but I should always be synchronizing the account value in FSB and MT4 - is that correct?
2. Is the account value in FSB considering the leverage at my broker? Ie if I have actual funds of GBP 500 but my leverage is 20:1, should my account value in FSB actually be 10,000 after all? Therefore, both MT4 and FSB should be 10,000 GBP?
3. When I find strategies in FSB using my account value of GBP 500, I get no results returned when I select to trade 1% of the account value. This stumped me for a while until I realised that, if you change this to 0.01 LOTS instead of a %, then this creates the trades. Any idea why this is? If I trade a fixed number of lots, if my account value increases, so should the amount per trade, am I interpreting that correctly?
4. My trade results on FSB and MT4 backtest differ for the same strategy. This is probably normal since Im using different data BUT - is there any advantage to using FSB or MT4 data to find strategies (or do we assume a robust strategy should be profitable on both sets of data?)
5. And final question - once I have my collection in the repository, is there a way to open all the strategies and get them into a collection more easily than doing it one-by-one?
Thank you for your guidance