forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forex Software → Expert Advisor Studio → Session start time

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Topic: Session start time

Hello!

I uploaded in EAS quotes of Soybeans by means of MT4 script. According to this CFD specification, trading session begins at 03.05.
In EAS (Tools->Settings->Trading Session) I entered Monday-Thursday and Friday: 03.05-21.00
But Generator/Reactor couldn't generate strategies (D1 timeframe) untill I changed in EAS Monday-Thursday and Friday: 00.00-21.00

1) What is the reason for this?
2) Should I change to Monday-Thursday and Friday: 03.05-21.00 before exporting EAs?

Please, find enclosed data for this CFD collected by MT4 script.

Post's attachments

Soybeen.rar 155.47 kb, 2 downloads since 2019-07-14 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Re: Session start time

I imported your daily data for testing and found out that the daily bars start at 00:00.

It means that EA Studio may create a strategy that trades on the daily bars when there are no trading session limitations.
When you set the Trade Session to start trading 03:05, the application cannot open deals on a daily chart, because the strategy always trades on Bar Open.

You can try to trade on H4. EA Studio will be able to open / close positions at 04:00, 08:00, 12:00, 16:00, and 20:00. You may also try a shorter period.

If your daily bar starts at 00:00 you may use only Trade Session settings that allow trading at 00:00.

Another, more correct case is if your trading session really starts at 03:05, which must be the start time of the daily chart.
Unfortunately, the correctness is not the best part of the brokers and is our task to make EA Studio as reliable as possible in all conditions.

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Expert Advisor Studio → Session start time