Topic: EA Studio update - more powerful Walk Forward and Reactor / Validator
There a new version of EA Studio uploaded. It provides some updates and some new features.
Here are the most noticeable things:
* Improved Walk Forward
- Added a "Parameters" tab. It shows the numeric values of the indicators for each segment.
- Added a "Full backtest with last parameters" section under the "Parameters" section.
When the Walk Forward is ready with all segments, it calculates a backtest against the full data series and the last parameters from the last segment. It shows the resulted Equity / Balance lines and the backtest stats.
- Added an info panel - "Full backtest validation" on the right side of the Walk Forward page. It shows the validation of the full backtest with the Common Acceptance Criteria. It also shows if the strategy is "better" according to the selected "Search best" goal.
- Added an "Edit" button. When you use it, you copy the current strategy from the Walk Forward module to the Editor. It is useful if you want to export an EA with the last optimized parameters.
- The "Edit" button becomes coloured in "green", when:
- The full backtest fulfils the Common Acceptance Criteria.
- The new strategy is "better" than the original according to the "Search best" option.
- All segments are valid according to the Walk Forward's validation rules.
* Added Walk Forward optimization in the Reactor
- The new "Walk Forward optimization" part of the Reactor / Validator can change the generated strategy.
* Updated Optimizer - changed behaviour
- Added an "Edit" button to the Optimizer. Now the Optimizer doesn't push the optimized strategy directly to the Editor. It gives you a chance to see it first and to decide if you like it or not.
- The Edit button becomes green when the new strategy is better than the original and complies with the used Acceptance Criteria.
* The Backtester is 7% faster.
Please reload the app with Ctrl - F5 in order to be sure all components are updated.
Hint for Reactor / Validator:
- It is best to use only one of the following tools:
- Full Data optimization
- Walk Forward optimization
- Walk Forward validation
Please test the new features carefully and share your opinion.