forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Forum

Forex Software, Forex Strategies, Expert Advisors Generator

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forex Forum → Expert Advisor Studio → Non-standard timeframes

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

1 (edited by mw 2019-01-21 22:07:25)

Topic: Non-standard timeframes

Dear Mr. Popov,

Is there a way that EAS could use non-standard timeframe data (M47 for instance) for strategy generation and generate mql code that would trade on such non-standard timeframes?

Metatrader can create non-standard offline charts with a script, but have no idea how to transform that into usable data for EAS and if the resultant mq4 would be usable in MT for trading.

Thanks in advance,

mw

Re: Non-standard timeframes

EA Studio and FSB Pro work with the standard time frames. The period length is used in various places in the algorithms and cannot be changed. I actually don't imagine how custom periods may work if the period length doesn't fit in a 24 hour period.

Understood. Wasn't really a vital feature for me, but it would have been a nice thing to have in order to do some experimenting.

Thank you very much.

Best regards,

mw

It´s extremely complicated to that in MT4 (you could, but via an emulated offline-chart only which is rather whacky as well). Other platforms like Tradestation / Multicharts support this without problems, that is why other trading-strategy-generators support custom timeframes. It´s not for MT4 though.

geektrader wrote:

It´s extremely complicated to that in MT4 (you could, but via an emulated offline-chart only which is rather whacky as well). Other platforms like Tradestation / Multicharts support this without problems, that is why other trading-strategy-generators support custom timeframes. It´s not for MT4 though.

Hi Geektrader,

I certainly agree. MT4 is far from perfect, but they were lucky enough to create a monopoly that keeps competitors away (oddly enough, their own MT5)

BTW, thank you for your powerful insights, reading your posts have made me -and lots of others, I guess-a better trader.

With best regards,

mw

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Forum → Expert Advisor Studio → Non-standard timeframes