Topic: Backtest results not generating

All,

Backtest results are not being generated for a particular market.

I have data saved in the correct folder.  But there are some highlighted rows in the Account Statistics section.  ???

Could my saved data have an error that is causing this?

FSB works normally on other data sets.

FB

Post's attachments

2018-06-08_0615.png 624.09 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Re: Backtest results not generating

On some reason the Account Exchange Rate is set to 0. It must represents the conversion from GBP (the underlying currency) to USD (the account currency).

You can set the Account Exchange Rate for EURGBP manually in the Control Panel -> Account page. FSB Pro also can update the rate for you by using the "Update" button.

I just check how this works and found that it returns an error. I'll check and will fix the forex rates service.

https://s22.postimg.cc/6lsm2d9ld/screenshot_233.png

By meantime you can set the rates manually for each symbol.

I'm using a Google service for finding the exchange rates. Unfortunately this service is not available at the moment.

https://s22.postimg.cc/vpea0hu5d/screenshot_234.png

I have to find an alternative service for this task but it may take time. This is what may happen when we rely on external services we do not control.

When I look at the FSB Demo data, its account exchange rate is "Not used".

How can I use a "Not used" on my data source?

"Not used" means that exchange is not necessary. It happens when the underlying currency is equal to your account currency. For example when you trade EURUSD and your account currency is USD.

There is another case, when the base symbol currency is equal to the account currency. Like trading EURUSD on EUR account. The profit / loss is in USD, but the conversion happens at the deal price.

I made own forex rate service and made the corresponding fixes in FSB Pro. The forex rates update works fine now.

https://s22.postimg.cc/u1tttukvl/screenshot_235.png

Anyway, when something wants to go wrong it really goes. I don't want what happened with the security certificates of my development machine but I really cannot pack the update. The code signing tool refuses to work. 

I'll try to fix it today and to fix also other minor issues until tomorrow evening. I'll try to release the update before Monday.

Unfortunately I have to update the Code Signing Certificate of FSB Pro and it will take several business days.
I only hope that the new certificate will not require re-validation of the license key.

Trade Safe!

Thanks Popov.

When I press update, I still get an error message.  But I'm guessing that is due to the fact that your temporary forex rate service is just for you?

In the case where the forex rate service is working properly, how often should one go in and press the update button?  Does FSB automatically sync upon startup?  Or does FSB check every 5 minutes?

I took the time to unpack the exchange rate of a few of my data sources (see pic below).  The symbol (EURGPD) with the yellow highlighted cell was set to zero, and thus gave me the blank balance chart. 

So if I wanted to reset this value manually, I would take the GBPUSD (say 1.34034), find its reciprocal (0.74607), and dial this into the value box?

Also, when you do a fix for something like this, how does it get implement in my desktop program?

FB

Post's attachments

2018-06-09_1456.png 72.26 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

When I publish the update, the users copies of FSB Pro will be updated automatically.

FSB Pro updates the rates automatically when you change the Account Currency or you add a new Symbol.

You can update all rates with the "Update" button when you upload new data. Actually, it doesn't matter too much.

You can set the rates manually for each symbol. FSB Pro shows what rate it needs. Normally it is the Account Currency vs the Symbol's underlying currency.

https://s22.postimg.cc/uokxdrpgh/screenshot_237.png

Thanks Popov for the feedback.