forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forex Software → Expert Advisor Studio → Max Drawdown - Calculation clarification

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Topic: Max Drawdown - Calculation clarification

Hi
I have an account with 1,000...I make a portfolio and the profit is 5,000 so balance is 6,000. It says Max drawdown is 13%..these are EA STUDIO BACKTEST numbers. MT4 has similar numbers

I am assuming over the period of 2 years backtest...at any given time I can see floating P&L go down by 6,000*13%= -780

So during the trading if I see it go below -780 (more negative) then I should review the performance.

The reason why I ask is that over the period of 2 years backtest...my max drawdown was about $400 for a portfolio. I started trading on Jan 4 and it is now on -600. I can understand that I entered the market and was prepared to have a -400 drawdown at any given time but -600 is cause for concern.

Please advise and do suggest what you would do in a situation similar to this.

Thanks

Re: Max Drawdown - Calculation clarification

600 loss out of 1000 account shows extremely large entry amount and very high risk. You should not trade more than 5-6 strategies on such account and you should use the minimal possible entry size.

Re: Max Drawdown - Calculation clarification

Is my logic correct by looking at the drawdown of 13%.
A good feature to add would be MAE/MFE during backtest.

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Expert Advisor Studio → Max Drawdown - Calculation clarification