forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forex Software → Expert Advisor Studio → Collection Issue with Multi Market Validation

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Topic: Collection Issue with Multi Market Validation

Hi Popov,

I have notice in the past few days an issue when running multiple windows of the  EA Studio Reactor mode with Generator, Optimizer, All Data Validation, Monte Carlo Validation, and Multi Market Validation turned on.  The problem I saw was the number in the Collection Page does not sync up with the strategies generated at the bottom of the Reactor page. I did this in two different computers and in 5min and 15min and both shows the same problems. 
I did also try to run Reactor mode individually with Generator, Optimizer, All Data Valid, Monte Carlo Valid, and MMV separately and adding them one by one to see if they have the same problem. I looks like the Collection sync issue does not show up with Generator, Optimizer, All Data Valid, Monte Carlo Valid turned on individually or together.  The Collection sync issue shows up most of the time when the Multi Market Validation is turned on along with the other validation mode. 
I don't remember seeing the collection page issue pops up since I have been using EA studio for the past few months.  The filter records in the Collection is set default (all zero).  Changing the filter records or clicking on the REFRESH button in the Collection does not fix the issue. 
Attached are samples of the collection number not matching to the output of the Reactor page.

Post's attachments

Collection_IncorrectUpdates_A.jpg 139.54 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Re: Collection Issue with Multi Market Validation

Here is another sample page of the collection # not matching  MMV passed strategies or reaching at least 100.

here is the Reactor page.

Post's attachments

Collection_IncorrectUpdates_B.jpg 140.12 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Usually this comes up when you have a duplicate strategy trying to ascend to collection. Your first screenshot seems normal, the second one is a little bit suspicious. Possible reason to this is the nature of your MM selection to pass only highly correlated strats, which essentially are one and the same, hence they are not accepted into collection.

To verify this one has to use same set of strategies and this can be done in Validator. Reactor produces different set of strats all the time, and we, normal users, cannot pinpoint the problem with needed accuracy due to strategy randomness.

I may add a "Collected" counter next to "Ascended". It will show the real number of strategies that are accepted to the collection. Now there is only one intentional case - to prevent duplicated strategies to be collected.

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Expert Advisor Studio → Collection Issue with Multi Market Validation