1 (edited by ManuB76 2017-05-20 09:20:29)

Topic: Collection not saved in multitester

I experienced a problem this morning with the multi tester. The collection is no longer saved. I tried again several times. FSB Pro does the operations well and after it has finished processing no file can be found in the folder. How could I fix this?

And I see this is the same problem for the optimizer. Strategies are not saved any more.

The generator is working properly and the strategies are saved.

Re: Collection not saved in multitester

Ah, I'm not awake. I had too strict acceptance criteria. This was the reason. I tried to remove my post but this is not possible. Now, if someone has the same problem, then the solution is here.

Little stupid mistake from me. ;-)

Back in the day.... when he used to be generating a lot, Popov did not set much in the way of criteria for generating. (in Control Panel).

I never asked why he did not..... but I assumed it was to save time in processing.

My own preference is to set one or two criteria which I think to be important.

LOL No need to worry about mistakes in here, I have made dozens... most recently a couple hours ago. And I have a post in here or else an email to Popov with the exact problem that you described. I remember writing it. lol

As a suggestion... take a run at the EA Studio as a resource for making ideas for strategies. The program is not the same as FSBPro, we can not copy from one to the other but it does generate ideas that can often be translated to FSBPro in some nature. I use it a lot because it has the generator and optimizer and Multi Market that can be generated for each strategy and it is soooo fast.

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

4 (edited by ManuB76 2017-05-21 20:34:30)

Yes, I already did some experiments with EA Studio, but I'm in a mess because of the limited amount of data. In my case here, the results with the json data are very different from the live results. That may probably differ from broker to broker. Also EA Studio closes with bar open while FSB Pro does not work with that option or maybe there's a customized slot that I can find somewhere. I've seen ideas that I can not reproduce with FSB Pro. In the meanwhile, I have saved these strategies somewhere for later, hoping that EA Studio will be further developed to better match FSB Pro. I do not know how you handle it. Or do you manually edit the code of your EAs?

Well, I see now that the limit is 200000 bars. That was 20000 before. I'll try again that changes a lot.

ManuB76 wrote:

Yes, I already did some experiments with EA Studio, but I'm in a mess because of the limited amount of data. In my case here, the results with the json data are very different from the live results. That may probably differ from broker to broker. Also EA Studio closes with bar open while FSB Pro does not work with that option or maybe there's a customized slot that I can find somewhere. I've seen ideas that I can not reproduce with FSB Pro. In the meanwhile, I have saved these strategies somewhere for later, hoping that EA Studio will be further developed to better match FSB Pro. I do not know how you handle it. Or do you manually edit the code of your EAs?

I just use the EA Studio output for ideas to implement in FSBPro...... Yes the two are quite different and the strategies will not be the same but the combinations of indicators might give good ideas as to what a person might try in FSBPro.

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....