forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forex Software → Forex Strategies → A couple things I discovered on the weekend re strategies

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Topic: A couple things I discovered on the weekend re strategies

I have written a few times about limiting the number of indicators to a couple or three.

On the weekend I paid for a subscription to EA Studio. The reason I did that is the new Work Flow and also because i can run several copies of it at once, getting far more than my computer will allow me to do with FSBPro.

Ok..... having run 6 copies of EA Stufio for many hours.. meaning a ton of iterations...... I discovered that the strategies that did the best for OOS and Multi Charts were those with one or two or three indicators, two was the most popular.

I did not preset the indicators, the program chose those at random.

Filter non-linear balance pattern found in the Acceptance Criteria of the Control Panel is FSBPro is  a super useful tool when doing optimizations.... It is something that will help greatly with the other metrics.

I just thought I would share those results, it might help someone who is pondering how to build a strategy.

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

Re: A couple things I discovered on the weekend re strategies

Today I made a bit of a survey of the results from EA Studio.

I took several of the collections that I made over the weekend and went through many of the results listing the indicators used.

To my surprise, even though I had used many time frames and many groups of indicators, there was only about 20 that appeared constantly, ten of them are everywhere in my results.

Most of those are in the original package that comes with FSBPro.

Needless to say I have seriously limited the number of indicators that I am using in FSBPro.

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

I have the same feeling

I've seen similar...

In EA Studio (under Tools / Indicators) all the indicators are listed, and one can include / exclude which indicators to use during strategy-generation.  Based on your survey that certain indicators occur more frequently in winning strategies than others, that seems like a handy feature.  Is there something similar in FSB?  If so, I can't seem to find it.

Open the generator in FSB, there's a tab Indicators. Click on it and adjust it to your liking.

Excellent -- thanks very much.

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Software → Forex Strategies → A couple things I discovered on the weekend re strategies