Topic: Development Progress at 2017
2017 is well started and I'll start posting my current working goals.
Several days ago I had a very constructive talk (as always) with Justin and Rimantas from http://www.autotrading.academy/. In the course of the talk we figure out several small and one large goals that can make the EA Studio even better. As a result, I spend the last three days in active development (hmm isn't it what I do all day and night) on that goals and the result is already online:
- Added Indicators list in the EA Studio and BO Tester Generator settings. It allows us to select the indicators we want for our generated strategies. However, probably the best usage is to remove (uncheck) the indicators we don't want. For example I don't like indicators that use the whole length of the data series, which makes the comparison of the backtests in EA Studio and MT difficult.
Such indicators are:
- Accumulation Distribution
- Bulls Power
- Directional Indicators
- MACD Signal
- Moving Average of Oscillator
As you see on the screenshot, you have to select at minimum 3 entry rule and one exit rule indicator. This is because EA Studio's Generator uses up to 3 entry rule slots and 1 exit rule slot and needs at least one indicator for them. Of course, BO Tester needs only entry rules since it exits unconditionally at the expiration time.
Other new things are:
- Added a Moving Average Crossover indicator with the corresponding support for MT4 and MT5. Please test it carefully and report issues.
- Added minimum deviation in steps for the Monte Carlo parameters. This fixes an issue when the indicator has an initial value equal to 0. Obviously +- 20% of zero is zero and the Monte Carlo calculates one and the same values multiple times. Now this problem is fixed and there is guaranteed range for each parameter.