Topic: Lot size > 100 at tests

First of all, thanks mr. Popov for your development and passion doing this software, I would like to tell you that my family's life drastically changed financially because of your unique gifts programming something so special for us.

After having a very successful experience with Forex during past months, I intend to work with stocks and I created a new account on a local stock broker and I want to use FSB to simulate and design my strategies, the problem is that the max lot size in FSB is 100 and actually the minimum stock size according with its properties is also 100, is there anyway to make that field accept higher values? I am fully able to test and design already but unfortunately without the option to simulate > than minimum value that means I have no add or reduce position options (which I use heavily).

Can you help me please?

Re: Lot size > 100 at tests

one thing you can do is to use percentage instead of lot for your orders.

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

Hm, I never imagined that we will need testing more than 100 lots.

Your proposal is reasonable and I'll change the limit.

Please post a screenshot of the Symbol settings for this stock. I'll try to find a workaround.

@Blaiser, thats fine but % of account would produce odd lots wouldnt it? The stock has a 100 multiplier.

Post's attachments

stock specification.PNG 42.56 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

alsilva86 wrote:

First of all, thanks mr. Popov for your development and passion doing this software, I would like to tell you that my family's life drastically changed financially because of your unique gifts programming something so special for us.

I doubt that the situation in your family has changed (for the better)

40 million dollars that people want to withdraw.
Be careful with your feet on the ground.

Please try to set:
  Lot size = 10 000
  Min lot = 0.01
  Lot step = 0.01

In that case you can use 0.01 lots entry size for opening 100 units and you can increase the size with step of 0.01 lots (100 units)

When you export the EA, you can simple replace the Lot size with the actual value (lots * 100).

http://s23.postimg.org/6foks0r6j/screenshot_2017_01_18_at_12_51_23.png

Freesby wrote:
alsilva86 wrote:

I doubt that the situation in your family has changed (for the better)

40 million dollars that people want to withdraw.
Be careful with your feet on the ground.

I am sorry for all of them! Personally speaking I don't believe in meritocracy in a world with such huge inequalities like ours, all we have to do is make sure with all efforts we are never depending on this chaotic state of democracy. I understand your point, even if you're making more money we're all living a small piece of a cracked system tho.

Popov wrote:

Please try to set:
  Lot size = 10 000
  Min lot = 0.01
  Lot step = 0.01

In that case you can use 0.01 lots entry size for opening 100 units and you can increase the size with step of 0.01 lots (100 units)

When you export the EA, you can simple replace the Lot size with the actual value (lots * 100).

http://s23.postimg.org/6foks0r6j/screenshot_2017_01_18_at_12_51_23.png

Thanks!