1 (edited by LeonHerd 2016-07-18 13:18:06)

Topic: Maximum position amount error

I am attaching a strategy which, despite limit entered in Strategy Properties (Entry Amount=0,20%, Maximum=0,01 lots, Initial Account=3000€), opens up to a much large positions than requested by entered limit. The behavior is similar if I will switch to Lots instead of Percent for “Unit for Trading Amount”.

My other strategies will (always?) strictly follow the requested upper Maximum Position Amount limit, but not this one. Any suggestions?

Leon

Post's attachments

10074_MaxLimitError.xml 10.02 kb, 14 downloads since 2016-07-18 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Re: Maximum position amount error

Leon does you broker allow trading less than 0.01 lots?

No. The minimum is 0,01. But I also tested same strategy with FSB data with similar results.

Bug is fixed.

Please replace the:

C:\Program Files\Forex Strategy Builder Pro\User Files\MT4 Files\MQL\Forexsb.com\StrategyTrader.mqh

file with the attached one. Re-export your expert advisors and test.

Please report the fix.
If everything is OK, I'll make it an official update.

Post's attachments

StrategyTrader.mqh 40.65 kb, 12 downloads since 2016-07-30 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Mr. Popov

As this was a problem with translation from xml files to mq4 files, and not a FSB internal error, I have to wait until Monday to start testing on my Global Prime account. I will keep you informed about the results.

Thank you,

Leon

Popov wrote:

Bug is fixed.

Please replace the:

C:\Program Files\Forex Strategy Builder Pro\User Files\MT4 Files\MQL\Forexsb.com\StrategyTrader.mqh

file with the attached one. Re-export your expert advisors and test.

Please report the fix.
If everything is OK, I'll make it an official update.

I can confirm, after one month’s testing on my live account, that your cure for the problem of some experts opening larger positions than requested, is working (replacing the old StrategyTrader.mqh with the new one nullifies the problem).

Leon