Topic: TP and SL problem while trading

Hello,

When i started to trade with my strategies in my demo account, i noticed that on MT4 SL and TP values are not exactly same which i set in my strategies. They differs upto 150-200 points. I couldnt understand the reason. And then when i watch the tutorial videos i saw on videos same thing happening there too. But nothing mentioned about this in the videos. For example setting TP 500 points, but when a position opened actual TP on MT4 showing 350. And trade performing with this value. I think it may cause problems. May be i am wrong somewhere, i am newbie.. If anybody knows about this, please can you explain. I am attaching screenshots from the videos and notes on the screenshot showing the differences. Will be glad if i can get a quick answer.

http://s33.postimg.org/br015e7xn/USDJPYfirst.jpg

Re: TP and SL problem while trading

Maybe it's because you have multiple entries for a certain pair.  MT4 considers all the entries to be a single transaction, doesn't it?  Hence TP & SL will be for the original transaction.

jgp_altus wrote:

Maybe it's because you have multiple entries for a certain pair.  MT4 considers all the entries to be a single transaction, doesn't it?  Hence TP & SL will be for the original transaction.

I think you are quite right on this.....!

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

Everything is correct on the image.

When the program adds / subtracts it reset the SL and TP of all previous MT "Orders" and sets new SL and TP based on the last entry.

The program considers also the spread. It looks like we have 78 points spread at the example.

I understand. Thank you!