Topic: FSB Pro with Day Trading Mindset

Hello

Just started out in this forum and actually new to FSB Pro. Its been a week of orienting myself with the software and watching the videos. To be honest FSB Pro is just an outstanding software and lots of appreciation to MR Popov.

However guys, can  FSB Pro be a really useful system for a day trader?

Am asking this since the videos i have watched from FSB Pro seem to be under the 15 min time-frames and running the EA for like one week or two.

Thanking you in advance

Regards
Don

Re: FSB Pro with Day Trading Mindset

Not really, you can have trades running for 1 hour, and 3 hours, depending on the criteria that you set up, this is the most versatile piece of forex trading software I have found, If your strategies are not working on the minute level, with FSB, guess what, they are not going to work period!!

The 1 minute market is a *****, and her name is ********

Re: FSB Pro with Day Trading Mindset

a0011010011 wrote:

Not really, you can have trades running for 1 hour, and 3 hours, depending on the criteria that you set up, this is the most versatile piece of forex trading software I have found, If your strategies are not working on the minute level, with FSB, guess what, they are not going to work period!!

The 1 minute market is a ***** and her name is ******

Thanks for the feedback, 1 min market is really crazy.....i love to use the 5 min chart from time to time when i know a certain market pair is at high volatility after the news feeds come out.

One more thing, does the EA get affected in any way when i close a trade that was opened by the EA?

Thanks

Re: FSB Pro with Day Trading Mindset

Many users are daytrading with FSBPro.......  successfully using one and five minute charts

As you gain experience with the software you will start to see possibilities.

You may need a few strategies to cover the possibilities in the market

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

Re: FSB Pro with Day Trading Mindset

Am sure with time its really going to get fun.

I noted something strange with my FSB Pro Generator. The generator loading bar (in green) can sometimes fill up without even giving me a strategy. Is this normal?

Re: FSB Pro with Day Trading Mindset

Sometimes we have the 'Acceptance Criteria' set too high or perhaps the indicators we are using will not work together

I often run with acceptance criteria showing 60 trades and 10 Ambiguous bars.....

and that way many strategies are generated and I start to use the criteria on the collections page to sort them out.

Sometimes i will run the generator for the full 10,000 minutes to get a good selection of strategies to further work on.

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

Re: FSB Pro with Day Trading Mindset

Blaiserboy wrote:

Sometimes we have the 'Acceptance Criteria' set too high or perhaps the indicators we are using will not work together

I often run with acceptance criteria showing 60 trades and 10 Ambiguous bars.....

and that way many strategies are generated and I start to use the criteria on the collections page to sort them out.

Sometimes i will run the generator for the full 10,000 minutes to get a good selection of strategies to further work on.

Thanks a bunch Blaiser boy i tried your settings as suggested and tweaked it more and yeah it did give me the strategies finally......i noticed the problem was that the 'minimum system quality number' i had left at a high position.

However after generating my USDJPY M5 (5 min timeframe) i had set the entry amount to 0.1 lot and maximum 0.04 lot but once i was backtesting it on my mt4 platform it kept on puting orders of 0.04 lot instead of 0.1 lot. This is strange, what could be causing it?

Post's attachments

USDJPY M5.JPG
USDJPY M5.JPG 34.21 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

8 (edited by yonkuro 2016-05-31 09:26:45)

Re: FSB Pro with Day Trading Mindset

Why is your maximum lot size smaller than the entry lot size?

I’m working on improving my English and trading skill

Re: FSB Pro with Day Trading Mindset

yonkuro wrote:

Why is your maximum lot size smaller than the entry lot size?

I had initially set the maximum lot size larger than the entry size, but then when i was doing a back-test of the same strategy the entry lot size turned out to be 0.4 lot instead of starting with 0.1 lot.

Re: FSB Pro with Day Trading Mindset

set them to what you want unless you have set up an increase......

minimum should be smaller than maximum

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....