forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Forum

Forex Software, Forex Strategies, Expert Advisors Generator

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forex Forum → Premium Club → Ea-Testing

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Topic: Ea-Testing

Hi
I have a question
I have made a simple Ea  with the LSMA_channel as an entry-point and the Super Trend as an Exit-point.I have a "reduce " in this  Ea .When i test this Ea in Mt4 i have no  reducedpositions and the values of the two indicators do not match ? Why , the results of Fsb not match those of Mt4 . The data for the calculation are the same .
Example : LSMA_channel
upper band 1.13301 in Fsb
upper BAnd 1.12674 in Mt4
Ma 0.00045 in Fsb
Ma 0.00031 in Mt4
Why these differences ??

Re: Ea-Testing

I'll look into this.

LSMA is fine, other one is dodgy, will dig deeper.

Emile, I understand you have difference in values, but I cannot replicate it for LSMA. I'm now focusing on ST and after I get to the bottom of ST, I'll return to LSMA. And don't worry about the language, I'm sure we'll get the point across smile

Emile, lets carry on the discussion here, then it's all in one place and is a reference for me and other users in the future.

Q: I create a Ea in Fsb, this is converted into an MT4 format if this Ea is transmitted in Mt4. If this Ea now calculated in Mt4 ?
A: Yes, if you load up the EA in the mq4 format in MT, every calculation is done in MT.

Q: If so, why do I need a connection to Fsb?
A: You don't need a connection when using exported EAs. If you use FSB's Trader, then you have to connect Trader to MT.

Q: If the Ea running on my MT4 account is calculated in Fsb, would have the same results as in the preparation of Eas in Fsb come out right ?? , But in my case is not the case, and not only for this Ea. What is wrong ??
A: Profitable backtest doesn't guarantee similar future returns. In the development phase you have to verify if the results are meaningful or just random luck or curvefitting.

Q: If the Ea is transmitted only by Fsb and is calculated only in Mt4, I can not rely on Fsb because Mt4 might make a different calculation.
A: This should not be the case. I have worked through the Supertrend indi and found the culprit. I'll make the necessary changes to fix this issue.

One last note - don't worry about asking "stupid" questions, that's what this forum is about. After all, every wise man knows himself to be a fool, like the old saying goes.

LSMA indi shows same values for me, I think you might have data difference.

Emile, try this version of Supertrend.

Post's attachments

SuperTrendv2.cs 17.81 kb, 12 downloads since 2016-04-27 

SuperTrendv2.mqh 9.69 kb, 12 downloads since 2016-04-27 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Thank you Footon for these helpful Reply

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Forum → Premium Club → Ea-Testing