1. These results are MT4 demo account testing based on current market situations.
2. UPBV is coined by Popov, (basically it mean without PBV feature/function, i.e. PBV function turned off)
3. I'm convinced by the way the EA is able to behave, ie. authentic to my theory and therefore I've great confidence that this is the path I would prefer to take (via the UPBV version). Let me ask you, if you have two cars and you are at the steering wheel, one car is "calibrated" and the other is not calibrated to do exactly as you wanted, for eg. If you turn your steering wheel to the left by 1 inch, sometimes the car turned a few more degrees to the left than you expected and at times it turned a few degrees lesser than "usual". Which cars do you have more certainty and greater confidence in? The calibrated car or the "un calibrated" car. Do you need to drive for 2 weeks in the "un calibrated" car in order for you to make up your mind?
UPBV would do exact as I wanted it to be, use 1 current value across all indicators (LTF) calculation to derive at the answer, whether a cross over or a breakout has happened. Whereas the PBV version, will utilize many (not just 1 but several) price values from different sources, taken from different time reference (different LTF has different PBV, and these time gap varies all the time). Do you think with such method of calculation, your EA can determine with accuracy whether a breakout or a cross over has really taken place at that exact timing?
4. Which is worse? To be certain of something that is "wrong" or to be uncertain of something that is "right"? If you have a totally different experience from someone, who do you trust more, your own experience or others? Popov and I have "conflicting" experience. If I can do better with the UPBV than the PBV version, what should I do? Continue to use PBV because Popov says so? Or do I let the facts tell me that it makes better sense to use the UPBV version. Are you saying that Popov is always right and could never ever be "wrong"? Anyway, in this experimentation, I'm here to promote the benefits of UPBV and not to prove Popov wrong cos UPBV is also Popov's wonderful masterpiece that I would prefer to use. I'm not here to say how terrible FSB is, but I'm here to say how Good FSB UPBV is...aren't I here to credit one of Popov's masterpiece? I'm not here to discredit him. In fact, I'm giving much credit to UPBV, a very neglected version/system that is worth considering.
What "uncertainty" have I raised in others?
To make people question something they think they are so sure about? Is that wrong? What if in the process, I make people re-think and re-discover a hidden gem in UPBV, isn't it good? If people begin to do their own experimentation (with UPBV) and realised that UPBV can make their EA results improved by leaps and bounds, won't that be beneficial, that I've "rocked" them out of their comfort zone? Won't they, have to thank me for shaking them out of their perimeters and do something different and get better results? Same input = same output. If we kept doing the same thing (thinking) over and over again, we will keep getting the same results over and over again...no improvement. Wherefore will we ever discover anything new or better?
As I've already emphasized, the results I demonstrated is VERY SUBJECTIVE. It depends on the person's trading theoretical framework, types of strategies etc. There are many who do well with PBV (so did I, but with UPBV, I did better).
5. If my "challenges" is to pushed the envelop and expand perspectives, then it can also be viewed as constructive. However, if my "challenges" is viewed as rocking some people's boat, then what can be shaken, will be shaken. The strength in one's perspective lies in facts. When one is presented with the facts and still refused to change his/her perspective, then there is no point in having a meaningful discussion. We have decided to closed our minds and refused any form of reasoning to enter into our minds...that where the term "unreasonable" means...a refusal to be reasoned.
That's why I posted my results so that people don't think I'm just stating my opinions but I backed it up with stats and facts. If it's just about opinion and preference...there is nothing to argue. Everyone is entitled to their own difference styles and opinions. But when we are here to examine the effectiveness of a system...facts is what we are talking about.
6. You quoted "If you think this can improve my trader-life, I would appreciate if (besides the super statistics) you would publish here at least one of your good EA's so I could verify and test myself"
Qns: You want to verify the UPBV version/system or you want to verify my EA?
You can verify the UPBV version yourself without the need of my EA.
Ans: I'm here to demonstrate how the same EA can have different (and maybe better results) by comparing the two systems. You can do this experimentation yourself. Taking any of your own EA and test it out under these two versions and see for yourself whether there is any difference and make your own conclusion. As I've already said several times, it all very subjective (depending on the "fitness" of the system (PBV or UPBV) to one's trading approaches) . If someone has a lousy EA and test it out in UPBV and get terrible results, whose fault?
I'm here to "convince" Popov that the UPBV is worth the shot and to allow users to exercise their own decision/discretion, whether to turn the PBV function on or off according to their trading approaches instead of a limited choice of only having the PBV version.
I've already proven to myself that my EA works. I don't need to prove this to any body.
I'm not here to "convince" anyone that my EA is good. All these years I've been testing my theoretical framework and I already have total confidence of it's profitability. But all these years, I'm "restricted" by PBV function whereby I can't able to programme my EA exactly the way I wanted because I can't bypass this PBV function and wasn't given the choose to use the actual current value instead. Now with UPBV, I can.
The reasons I have to show my EA results is to:
1. Show the facts that my EA has good results under UPBV version too, so that UPBV is worthwhile to consider opening it up to users to achieve better trading results (If they can, why not?). If Popov's customers can have far better trading results via UPBV, does it make any sense for him to "deprived" his customers of such success? As I've said it before "If I can't, doesn't mean others couldn't...If I failed, doesn't mean others can't succeed. It's a matter of different approaches. I don't know what approaches Popov tried that made him concluded that PBV is better than UPBV. I'm here to say, that the results/faults may lie in the trading approaches and not in the system (UPBV).
If my trading results can "opened" up the possibility that UPBV can be a better system (due to one's trading approach), then I hope that will make Popov re-think, Is UPBV that "bad" for FSB users that he wanted to prevent users from having it? If I can get better results via UPBV, then is it really that "bad" to have better results?
2. To provide comparison of the same EA under these 2 versions to "prove" that my EA do better without PBV "interference"
3. That I am a good trader who knows what I am doing, able to identify and "capture" the trend with my EA (able to develop profitable EA with both versions). And I'm NOT someone, who is a "bad worker blame his/her tools" mentality, I am not someone who is "struggling" and clueless about how to develop profitable EA and then blame PBV for "blocking" me from doing so. I've demonstrated several times...I'm capable to getting excellent results...so I do know what I want and what I'm aiming for.
For your own experience, test out the versions yourself and see which system works better for your trading approaches. There bound to have some, who still prefer PBV version. And that's fine. That's what I'm trying to promote here, Give users the choice to choose which version is better for their EA/trading approaches. As for me, I here to report my findings based on my own trading approaches. I'm not here to say that PBV is bad but UPBV is better for me, as a trader...my own personal trading preference, I'm not here to impose my trading style on others (cos I'm not here to share my trade secrets with anyone, i.e. teach other trading tips = Yes. But giving my trade secrets away = NO).
Bru1, thanks for seeking more clarification. I hope I've answer all your queries accordingly. And if you have better results from your UPBV version, it would nice if you also highlight your experience here as to show that mine is not an isolated case.