1 (edited by hannahis 2015-09-29 19:45:11)

Topic: How does the Additional Entry Signal for Winner option works?

Hi Popov,

Definition:
Winner - this setting allows the adding of lots to an already open position but only if it is making profit at the moment of averaging. If the position is at a loss, FSB will cancel the entry order.

Problem:
I mentioned before in the past that I noticed that my EA opened subsequent positions (with Winner option) even when the previous opened position is in negative profit/loss.

If FSB Pro can't able to "detect/calculate" my previous opened position to determine whether it is positive or negative floating loss, then how does it able to add position as a Winner option?

Suggestion:
If FSB can calculate and add when the previous position is making profit, then can I suggest to add in a margin or gap between next opening...eg more than certain level such as more than 50 pips profit then consider adding.  So that I won't end up having very narrow gap between the next opening position especially when I use 1min chart.  Currently, how can I widen the gap especially for short time chart like 1min or 5min?

Re: How does the Additional Entry Signal for Winner option works?

How does the Additional Entry Signal for Winner option works?

See this code:
http://s28.postimg.org/a8x08r749/screenshot_1216.jpg

When we have adding, we first initialize the trading size to 0. After that we check if the current position has any profit higher than Epsilon (Epsilon = 0.00001). If the position has profit, the EA sets the trading size to be equal to the amount set for Adding lots. If the profit is 0 or lower, the entry amount will remain 0 and the EA will cancel the entry.

I noticed that my EA opened subsequent positions (with Winner option) even when the previous opened position is in negative profit/loss.

This is not possible (see the above code). If it happens, it means that I'm completely wrong with the programming.

If FSB Pro can't able to "detect/calculate" my previous opened position ....

FSB can always calculate the position MT returns for the given Magic Number and symbol. If we speak strictly, FSB doesn't calculate the position. The code is in EA running by MT. The EA uses the MQL function OrderProfit() http://docs.mql4.com/trading/orderprofit. So, the EA asks MT what is the profit of an order for a specified symbol and with a specified magic number. We believe that MT returns correct result. (actually we cannot do anything more to check it.)

If FSB can calculate and add when the previous position is making profit, then can I suggest to add in a margin or gap between next opening...eg more than certain level such as more than 50 pips profit then consider adding.

You can modify the code alone. Simply change:

if(m_DataMarket.PositionProfit>Epsilon)

with

if(m_DataMarket.PositionProfit>###)

where ### is the minimum profit in USD (or in EUR, if your account is in EUR) you want.

Thanks  for the information on adding a minimum margin

I'll observe further about the winner option whether it still opened when previous position is negative

4 (edited by hannahis 2015-09-30 04:49:32)

Hi Popov,

For the benefits of clarity for all, you wrote this in another discussion thread...

I wrote:
Winner mode considers the aggregate position profit to be positive.
Can the Winner option be set whereby additional entry only when the 1st and the last entry is at profit value.

You wrote:
It can't. FSB Pro sees a position as a whole and cannot determine the different entries and exits.

http://forexsb.com/forum/topic/4932/additional-entry-signals-winner-option-is-not-working/

So basically, it is possible for Winner option to adds entry when aggregate position is positive/profit, even if the last/previous entry position is negative.  As I've observed and trying to highlight.

I don't agree with the aggregate method of calculation.

Let's say I have 3 opened positions, 1st with 200 pips and 2nd position with 100 pips and the 3rd is negative 50 pips.  Based on aggregate calculation, FSB Pro will add a winner 4th entry, even if the last, 3rd entry is negative and it will keep adding until my overall profit becomes zero (whereby my aggregate no longer positive) or negative (if assuming each subsequent additional entries for the 3rd, 4th, 5th entry etc are negatives, because of divergence market conditions or changing market conditions).

Popov, is there no other way to write the program or code whereby the EA can "request" or check whether last entry is positive and add only when it is positive (a true winner)?

hannahis wrote:

I'll observe further about the winner option whether it still opened when previous position is negative

So the minimum margin is based on aggregate calculation not based on the last entry right?

If I set the minimum margin to be 100 pips

Let's say I have 3 opened position, 1st with 200 pips and 2nd position with 100 pips and the 3rd is negative 50 pips (200+100 = 300 - 50 = 250 pips)

That means if overall profit for 3 positions are more than 100 pips but the last entry is having negative pips, the EA will still add a winner position right?

hannahis wrote:

Can this minimum margin option be featured next to the Additional entry signal so that there is an input button to check or turn on this feature and set the value for minimum margin for each different EA instead of a default setting?