Topic: EA doesn´t work

I have build a strategy with FSB and exported a EA to the Metatrader. I tried to applicate the EA to a chart.
For the first moment the smiling face occurs but some seconds later the face disappears and the message Loading data GBPUSD D1 min. bars occures and thats it.
Do someone has an idea what is going wrong?

Re: EA doesn´t work

Install the latest version of FSB Pro, re-export your EA and try again. This happens if you use the latest version of the EA code with an older version of the program.

(It may be already installed from the auto-updater. You can try with a restart first.)

If it repeats, load more bars on the chart. You can do it by zooming out the chart and pressing the home key. Do the same for all symbols/periods the EA use (in case if your EA uses more than one symbol and period).

3 (edited by h.neurath 2015-09-29 21:02:11)

Hm, I am not sure that this is really the problem, because other Strategies that have been designed at the same day work without any problem.
The problem is that I miss the .xlm file for the Strategy. It seems that I have exported the Strategy to Metatrader using FSB but without saving the xlm file. That is why I can still find the .mql4 and the .exe file at the Metatrader but not the xlm file within the Strategy folder for saving the Strategies from FSB.
Could that be the problem, that without the xlm file the EA is not working at the Metatrader? I thought that the mql4 file should be enough.

An exported EA can work without saving a strategy. Actually the strategy XML code is inside the EA.

http://s28.postimg.org/6gi36rgzt/screenshot_1220.jpg

Open your EA in the MQL editor and see what is the FSB version used for the export.

Hm, programVersion>v3.0.1.

h.neurath wrote:

Hm, programVersion>v3.0.1.

Go here http://forexsb.com/download.php and get a newer version, yours is a bit out of date.

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

Thank you both for your help.
I will go for a monthly payment now because testing the FSB and look what benefit the software can really have will took definitely longer just than 30 d.
And therefore it is just fair to give a payment back for the efforts the creater have invested.

h.neurath wrote:

Thank you both for your help.
I will go for a monthly payment now because testing the FSB and look what benefit the software can really have will took definitely longer just than 30 d.
And therefore it is just fair to give a payment back for the efforts the creater have invested.

You can be assured that any questions you have have will be answered promptly.

Not only has the developer provided an excellent software he is more than willing to resolve difficulties.

Good luck with the program!

Sorry, again I have a problem using FSB for creating strategy on FDAX and SPX.
I loaded the Data file and the settings from the Metatrader.
The Symbols have been created by using the MT4-Bridge.

For FDAX the data file from all time frames can be loaded from the FSB except of FDAX M15, I opened the file put the file looks OK I could not find any kind of error.
Then I tried to run the Generator on the M60 time frame to look whether FSB can work with the data loaded. For the M60 time frame FSB loaded 18433 bars.
But the Generator have not been able to create any Strategy. Nothing has been displayed at the account statistic section. The generator is working but without generating any result.
It seems that the reason is because of wrong settings but I have no idea what to change. The same play for SPX.
Do someone have an idea what to do?

It seems that the reason is because of wrong settings but I have no idea what to change.

You can try switching of the Acceptance Criteria, to set proper entry amount as per your account, to set SL/ TP / BE usage to Never or May use...

Lot size I took 0,01; SL/TP 10000 and without SL/TP. Acceptance criteria set to only 50 trades

Normally that should work.

So far no result.

Did u look in MT4 experts journal.?

Did u look in FSBPro error journal?

I wonder if account size is large enuf to make transaction with the lot size you are selecting.

Try the smallest lot size.

I suggest that you send to Popov a screen shot(whole screen and the strategy), very difficult to analyze a situation with only a couple details.

daveM

Hello Blaiserboy,

Lot size 0,01 is the smallest Lot size accepted by FSB software.
Now the the FSB software is able to load FDax M15 data file. Don´t know why.

But so far the software is not able to work with EUREX.FDax Data.

The software works......

You have to configure it properly.

I have seen people trading DAX, search for it in the forum.

Be sure your 'Symbol Settings' are correct. ie Index, CFD whatever.

and confirm that your broker will take the trades you are attempting to make.

Initially, it is easy to set things up with errors until you get used to the software, I suggest that you learn the software using forex pairs initially and then branch out into other areas. This software has quite a learning curve, might be best to keep it simple to start.

IMHO

Settings from MT4
http://www11.pic-upload.de/03.10.15/brr4sszasttd.png

Settings within FSB
http://www11.pic-upload.de/03.10.15/bbkqgnmph1yz.png

There has been a problem with the naming. The FSB software do not acccept EUREX.FDX as Symbol Name . That is why I changed to EUREXFDX also for the corresponding data files.
The FSB is calculating but do not come to any results.

The settings look ok. Is the program loads the data file? If so, set a very simple strategy. For example: Bar Opening. Momentum rises, and Bar Closing. Try with different entry amount. 1 lot, 0.1 lots, 0.01 lots. Does it show result with this settings?

17 (edited by h.neurath 2015-10-03 18:41:30)

Dear Mr. Popov,

that is what I thought also. The settings are OK.
I came home after a day out of house turned on FSB and loaded the EUREXFDX data. Don´t know why but the FSB does promptly calculating a strategy (see below).
http://www11.pic-upload.de/03.10.15/3dtdjscz4yl.png

Actually I started the Generator. The software counts the calculated strategies but without giving an result so far.
And further more  I am a bit astonished about the following.
http://www11.pic-upload.de/03.10.15/sops1szoghbh.png

I have purchased a license for the FSB. Is the license bound to a special computer?
I have downloaded and installed the FSB on a USB Stick. And I work only from the stick. But it seems that the license is bound to the computer on which the license code have been filled in. But nevertheless the Generator is counting the calculated strategies but without giving any result in the repository or the account stats.

Actually I started the Generator. The software counts the calculated strategies but without giving an result so far.

Switch off the Acceptance criteria from the Generator settings and try again.

http://s27.postimg.org/c4lrtgxdb/2015_10_03_20_32_27.jpg

I have purchased a license for the FSB. Is the license bound to a special computer?

Yes. The license is for an individual machine.

Please send me a Personal Massage with your purchasing details and I'll elevate your forum account to "Licensed Member".

It seems that it helps to switch of an any acceptance criteria . The Generator has given the first Strategy result.
Thank you for support.
http://www11.pic-upload.de/03.10.15/xzfpczcgk2.png

It seems that it helps to switch of an any acceptance criteria . The Generator has given the first Strategy result.

Now you can start switching criteria one by one and you'll find the optimum conditions for your data and account settings.