Topic: Error in maximum position allowed
1. The maximum position is set at "20" in default mode.
2. Under the "additional entry signal" - "next same direction signal" is set as "nothing"
Problem arise when:
1. I exported My EA to MT4 in the previous and default setting mentioned above. Then later I decided to made the following changes:
2. When I made changes to my EA, such as
a) Change the maximum position to "4"
b) change the "additional entry signal" to "winner"
c) export the EA again and refresh the MT4
1. The EA started to add new positions for "next same direction signal"
2. However the EA didn't stop at the new maximum position such as "4"
3. Instead the EA follow the default "20" as maximum position.
In the past, whenever I made changes to my EA, all I need is re-export my EA and "refresh" my MT4. I don't have to "re set up" my EA all over again (imagine if I need to do that for hundreds of EA each time I adjust the lots or SL or BE etc).
1. Can this issue be resolved back to the past, whereby each time I refresh the MT4, the EA follows the new setting and not the default ones. Just like the SL, BE and TP settings, they are automatically refreshed to the new parameters/settings.
Whenever I load my EA in MT4, I can see that "maximum lot" option is there (maybe you left it there for people to make changes without having the need to adjust it in FSB Pro). Whereas the SL, TP and BE options are not reflected and changes have to be made via FSB Pro. May I suggest that the maximum position option be treated similar to the SL, BE and TP features whereby it will be automatically refreshed to the new settings without the need for me to re set up the EA in the MT4 each time I make changes to the maximum position.
If for some reasons my above request cannot be done. At least I suggest that it be kept as "0", and highlight "20" red colour if you want to inform user that "20" is the maximum lots, just like SL, BE and TP.
In this way, if I refreshed the EA (many of them) and accidentally missed out 1 EA and failed to delete the old set up and re-set up the EA again, at least I won't be "punished" heavily for my forgetfulness/mistakes and resulting in my EA buying up 20 lots...that would be a painful lesson in real trading and also for new users who may assumed that all the changes are reflected whenever the MT4 is "refreshed".