Topic: Convergence Divergence indicators.

Uploaded three new indicators in the repository:
- CCI Convergence Divergence;
- MACD Convergence Divergence;
- RSI Convergence Divergence;

The indicators calculate two MA lines -  one calculated on the particular indicator and another one calculated on the market's close price. The indicators give signals on Convergence or Divergence between these MAs as follows:

We have Divergence when both MA are moving in opposite directions:
- Indicator MA rises and Market MA falls; or
- Indicator MA falls and Market MA rises.

We have Convergence when both MA are moving in equal direction:
- Indicator MA rises and Market MA rises; or
- Indicator MA falls and Market MA falls.

This indicators give equal signals for both long and short positions. For example, if there is a Convergence, they allow both opening long and short positions. It means that we can use this indicators for additional filters. They cannot determine the position direction alone.

The indicators can be placed in Opening Logic Condition slot and in Closing Logic Condition.

http://s22.postimg.org/b7g4p6d7h/convergence_divergence.jpg

Re: Convergence Divergence indicators.

Lovely addition.....!

Thank you.

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

These are great!

I got a few good experts already on different time frames.

Definitely a most useful tool!

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

Too good is not good.
Please be careful because these indicators are new and are not tested on real trade.

Trade Safe!

Grrr. Found a mistake in these indicators - the reference MA (market MA) always uses Close price.   

The indicators are fixed.

Now, when I fixed the indicators and after 10 years of developing FSB, I realize that the program's main power is not the real time back-tester, not the generator or optimizer, but the logical structure of the strategies. Unfortunately most of the users think that the predefined structure is a limitation instead of an advantage.

Trade Safe!

6 (edited by hannahis 2015-09-04 13:23:24)

Hi Popov,

I agree in the importance of having a sound logical structure or trading theory.  It's the 1st priority to develop one's trading theory before anything else...otherwise it is easy to get "lost" and labouring in vain, trying in all sorts of direction aimlessly.

In your opinion, which indicator(s) would you recommend that can act as a filter for filtering side way trending?

I can't export EA when I utilise the Convergence indicators in my EA.  FSB Pro produce a different "sound" (i.e EA not exported successfully) when I tried to export EA with convergence indicators included.  When I tried to export other EA, it's the usual "sound" when I clicked on the export EA button (i.e. EA exported successfully).

Did you update both CS and MQL indicators. The best way to do it is by using the Indicators repository page in fSB Pro.

9 (edited by hannahis 2015-09-06 14:28:50)

Hi Popov,

Yes, it seems like if I load these indicators from website it didn't seem to work (or most likely I don't know how to do it right)and as you said it right, it is much easier to load it directly from the FSB Pro programme under the reponsitory tab.  Thanks

Also I hear a strange signal when converted to the strategy to MQL4, but even as pure templeate