forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Forum

Forex Software, Forex Strategies, Expert Advisors Generator

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forex Forum → Forex Strategies → Strategy Generation Capacity

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Topic: Strategy Generation Capacity

I am trying to push the program and my computer to see what they will do.

At present I have 5 instances generating and my machine is running at about 60 per cent and memory is at 49 per cent.

So far , so good,  except the thing is making so many results that the Repository update is a little bit slow. I think it is slow because of the screen write procedure, probably will be ok if I collapse the program and do other stuff. haha

I found that I can run a second copy of the program and still have CPU to spare.

I am not too sure that competitive products can generate usable strategies that rapidly, I have not seen any that can.

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

Re: Strategy Generation Capacity

And what about benchmark!!!!

when i run one instance 10000 bars loaded  and  the pro version is slower than the fsb old , the benchmark in the old ranging from 90-120 Max and when run two it run at 50 plus each and still faster than the pro is that normal !!!!!!!

Right now I have 6 strategies and benchmark is about 62.

I got rid of the old FSB as Popov mentioned there was a couple errors somewhere that seemed critical.

Several things can affect speed, one of them is compataibility of the hardware, ie the manufacturer may not have matched everything well. I have no idea as to what a person can use for a diagnostic for that.

I don't usually worry too much about the speed, I usually have some other stuff to do so I just let the thing do whatever and hope for results that I can use.

Critical errors in old FSB? Nooooo, old FSB forever wink

I am positive that in a forum post, Popov mentioned there is one or two errors in Forex Strategy Builder. We should ask him. to be certain.

Blaiserboy wrote:

Right now I have 6 strategies and benchmark is about 62..

As i know the benchmark only in the old FSB not the PRO where your 62 benchmark come from

Blaiserboy wrote:

I got rid of the old FSB as Popov mentioned there was a couple errors somewhere that seemed critical.

yes we need to know how much it critical because like footon i still use it because of two reasons
1st its speed , second the number of strategies it generates far more in number than the PRO

Blaiserboy wrote:

Several things can affect speed, one of them is compataibility of the hardware, ie the manufacturer may not have matched everything well. I have no idea as to what a person can use for a diagnostic for that.

Post's attachments

lenovo.gif
lenovo.gif 6.51 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Windows Task Manager gives the Benchmark.  (CTRL  ALT Del). I usually have this open all the time.

Out of Sample is one thing that is incorrectly calculated, I remember Popov stating that.

The 4 gig Ram may be causing you some grief, mine sometimes uses up to 7 gig and I think I need more Ram.

Actually, I need a new system, more processor cores and Ram, I noticed in one of the videos that Popov has a machine that is wayyyyyyyyyy faster than mine.

Since I started this thread a few months ago, there has been a substantial revision to the program and it is much, much faster and also is operating quite nicely on my old machine.

I still want Santa to arrive with some super fast machine and huge Ram.

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Forum → Forex Strategies → Strategy Generation Capacity