Topic: Exporting a strategy as an Expert Advisor
There are three simple steps to do to make the Expert Advisor running on your MetaTrader.
1. Set the export destination in Control Panel -> Expert Advisor page.
2. Export the strategy by using the Export button on the toolbar.
3. Refresh the EA list in your MT terminal and run the Expert.
1. Export destination: Forex Strategy Builder saves the generated Expert Advisor to preset destinations. You can set them in the Control Panel -> Expert Advisor page. You have to do that only once. There are two other options on that page: overriding an existing expert and saving the new expert with a suffix. See more help on User Guide here: Expert Advisor.
2. Exporting a strategy: There are two options – exporting an EA and Save As an EA. When you are using the first command, FSB exports an EA with the name of the strategy to the destinations specified in the Control Panel. It may override the previous expert, if you have the “override: option on. The “Save As EA” command allows you to choose the exporting destination and the EA name. It is useful when you want to save the export for uploading on a VPS or when you want to make an archive copy.
3. Once the Expert is exported, you have to Refresh the MT expert’s list.
See more information on this guide: Export Expert Advisor