forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Forum

Forex Software, Forex Strategies, Expert Advisors Generator

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forex Forum → Forex Strategy Builder Professional → Entering multiple positions in reasonable steps

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

Topic: Entering multiple positions in reasonable steps

Can you advice how to set adding positions in a reasonable manner?
Example: A strategy has allowed adding to a maximum of 10 Lots. When 1st Lot is entered, I want  to enter the next Lot not before at least (or exactly) 10 pips market change.
Currently I often have a problem (especially when market does not move) that positions are added on same or near price, as soon as the strategy repeatedly fulfills criteria for the next signal.
I tried to use variations of  indicators such as Round Number, Steady Bands, Price Move, but without success.

Re: Entering multiple positions in reasonable steps

Round Numbers should work. Set the adding rule to Winner. By doing so, you'll force the strategy to add to a long position at upper Round Numbers only and to a short position to lower numbers since the position must be at a profit at the moment of the actual adding.

Re: Entering multiple positions in reasonable steps

Well, ..... here I assembled a simple strategy for DAX CFD, M1 (see the screenshot):
I want to achieve that Lots will be gradually added with a step of 10 DAX points, e.g.:
Initial Lot 9690, then 9700, 9710, ...., 9740, ..... and the last 10th Lot e.g. 9850, depending on market's development.
Unfortunately, instead I see 2 problems:
1. Positions 2 - 10 were entered at the same price 9790, even if I set the adding rule to WINNER.
2. The minimum step seems to be 100 DAX points, even if I wanted it to be only 10 points.
Can you see where is the problem?

http://s1.postimg.org/r8val6n23/rn1_Winner_example.jpg

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Forum → Forex Strategy Builder Professional → Entering multiple positions in reasonable steps