forex software

Create and Test Forex Strategies

forex software

Skip to forum content

Forex Forum

Forex Software, Forex Strategies, Expert Advisors Generator

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forex Forum → Forex Strategy Builder Professional → Automatic Update?

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

RSS topic feed

1 (edited by hannahis 2014-06-18 17:39:00)

Topic: Automatic Update?

Hi when I purchased the Pro, it was 1.7 version.  Now it is updated to 1.8

Does the programme display an icon to highlight a new version is available for updates?

Does the programme update by itself each time I open the programme or do I have to update it manually (if then how to do it)?

I tried the download page and it didn't automatically download and also when I did the "click here" it also didn't work.

Note: I realized it is automatically updated.  Please ignore this becos I can't delete it after posting it.

Re: Automatic Update?

The program checks for a newer version and updates automatically if a newer version is found.
It checks for updates at start up if there were more than 24 hours from the previous check.

A user can switch on/of the auto update functionality from Control Panel.

http://s7.postimg.org/56x9muirb/screenshot_418.jpg

1) Will the FSB Pro automatically update to new version if I do not restart the programme?
I usually keep my FSB Pro on 24/7 for my trading and unless I restart the programme (which I seldom do it), it will not automatically update to the new version (am I right?)

2) Can you add a "New version" reminder on the FSB Pro when a new version is available (similar to trader programme)
Because I don't restart the FSB Pro, I won't know there is a new version available unless I go to the website to check on the announcement or did I miss out using any function that can help to inform me of new version other than restart the programme?

Hello hannahis,

I'm also experience this issue. Currently FSB Pro checks for updates only on startup and I also have to restart  it in order to be updated on my testing machines. Later I have to restart it again to activate the latest version.

I'll add periodical check for updates and install during the runtime in next release.

Thanks Popov, as always, you take out time and effort to look into our feedbacks and improvise the programme.

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Forex Forum → Forex Strategy Builder Professional → Automatic Update?