Topic: 1 (mini) lot of $10 000 expected but 1 standard lot of $100 000 opens.

I am a newbie to the FSB and FST. My question(s) will maybe seems simplistic, but let me initiate my journey towards better understanding of both programs with your appreciated help. Most of you have, probably, this journey behind you already. Of course I have a duty to read the programs manuals throughout – which I am doing each time I am encountering a problem. Only when I am not able to find an answer in written documentation – partly maybe because I am not experienced enough – I will ask a question on this forum. So now to my first question:

I have an account with Alpari. When placing an order directly with my Alpari account I can define lot size down to 0,1 ($10 000, mini lot). When generating a strategy with FSB I can define the lot size in Instrument Editor window (opened from Market). There I will change lot size from default $100 000 to the to $10 000. After that step, I can open Strategy Overview window (opended from Strategy) and will find that the lot size is as defined by me – $10 000. When testing the developed strategy in FSB I can clearly see that strategy opens 1 lot positions with requested size of $10 000.

The next step is to use the developed strategy with my Alpari account. And here I am encountering a problem. Strategy developed with help of FSB and used with help of FST on Alpari account will open an order of 1 lot of $100 000 and not as expected of 1 lot $10 000.  Any suggestion how to solve this problem?

Re: 1 (mini) lot of $10 000 expected but 1 standard lot of $100 000 opens.

Hello Herd and welcome in our community!

on Alpari account will open an order of 1 lot of $100 000 and not as expected of 1 lot $10 000.

It seems that the lot size of your Alpari account is $100 000.
FST uses Lot Size settings from the broker. It cannot be changed. It depends on your account settings made from the broker. Ask Alpari support if you can change the lot size.

For now, you can set $100 000 in FSB in order to correspond to your account settings.