Topic: Interactive Brokers

Dear all
I'm not publicizing! I would just like to know if anyone succeed in trading with IB either by connecting FST to TWS (their platform) directly, or via MT4-TWS.
Thank you
Nuno

Re: Interactive Brokers

I didn't realize that IB is a Metatrader broker until I saw your post..

Have you attempted to use their MT4.

check out this page, it may be close to what you seek

http://www.trade-commander.com/mtibbridge/mtibbridge_en.htm

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

They are not a MT4 broker unfortunately sad

I've sent three emails already to the developer of that bridge but no answer sad(
I didn't try it yet, I'm afraid it cannot retrieve old bars to calculate the indicators...

I saw some threads on FF about IB but I am not really knowlegeable about this stuff, you might look in there to see if there is an answer.....

If you can see a viable solution, I am pretty sure that Popov will try to incorporate it into FSB as it will allow access to a great broker for our users.

As Pro gets rolling, I can see that it will allow us to trade more than what Metatrader brokers are offering, there are methods to get stock data into MT4, I can foresee that MT4 will be available for futures and options as time passes. perfect for IB.!!

I am glad you brought up the subject of IB

Have a great weekend.!!

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

I don't much about it but I'll investigate. IMHO the best would be to build a bridge to connect directly FSB with their platform TWS bypassing MT4. This would be really excellent smile))

Have a nice weekend too!

Dear Popov
Do you have any idea about the possibility of having a bridge to work with IB (without MT4)?
Best
Nuno

nquental wrote:

Do you have any idea about the possibility of having a bridge to work with IB (without MT4)?

It is possible. It depends on how FSB Pro sales will go.
If there are enough sales, I'll reinvest in further development of the project in all aspects

I also reccomend the furter development of the Jforex bridge. It is a reliabel platform, a good alternative for the MT4. I am using it for the discretionary traing. The best feature of the jforex is that I can gradually exit from the positions e.g. If I buy 0,01 lot then I can gradually exit using 0,001 lot sizes.

Popov wrote:
nquental wrote:

If there are enough sales, I'll reinvest in further development of the project in all aspects

Popov wrote:
nquental wrote:

IB connection to FSB Pro would be great.
With http://www.tradingsoftwarelab.com/jtwsdata/ you can get data. I did not test realtime data from IB with that tool so far. But best is really a close connection to IB API with Trader from FSB Pro. Then a lot of more symbols could be evaluated for trading.