Topic: help with price action strategy

how might i

1. calculate a 3-bar range (LL to HH)
2. determine whether it is net up or net down (subtract them) and
3. enter on the next bar?

thanks

Re: help with price action strategy

This might not answer your question. however, have a look in opening and opening logic and closing  for similar indicators

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

Probably Momentum(Close, 3) with logic rule "Momentum rises" will do something similar.

sorry, could you be any more specific ? which indicators do i use for OHLC data, and can i look back several bars?

have a look at the indicators in each area eg Opening point, opening logic, closing point, closing logic..... and determine which relate to price action...

Determine also what you can do with them. which parameters you can use...

FSB has a ton of indicators to do many things. see which ones will advance your cause.

Then have a look in the indicator repository to see which ones may relate to your project.

You can also temporarily disable all those that do not relate to price action and see what you can use.

"Top Bottom Price" is helpful, if not exactly what i'm looking for. thanks.

I use 'round number' a lot...  to start with.  eg open with round number and close with it also

I know that is not what you are looking for, just may give you an idea for your own project.

Another idea may be to start with Heiken Ashi as it is related to price action.

Unrelated. I use 'Long or Short' and 'Entry time' and N bars Exit as those seem to enhance performance for me.