Topic: autostart.bat problem

The content of the batch file is like this

start "" "Forex Strategy Trader.exe"   100   "yes"   "Alex"

I can't see anything wrong with it.

If I load FST manually, type connection ID, then click "Start Automatic Execution", everything will be fine.

However, if I run autostart.bat in the "Forex Strategy Trader" folder, I will have error message like this

Post's attachments

error 1.PNG
error 1.PNG 7.39 kb, 3 downloads since 2013-10-13 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Re: autostart.bat problem

If I click OK, I will get 2nd error message:

Post's attachments

error 2.PNG
error 2.PNG 5.24 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Are you missing the indicator? What's your OS? You seem to be having those issues - administrator rights and all that.

Thanks footon for the prompt reply.

No, all indicators are there. As I mentioned earlier, it's all fine if I don't use autostart batch file.

I am using Windows 7 Home Premium.

I am the admin and I have same issue even I run the batch as Administrator.

BTW, I am using the latest FSB V3.2.2.0

fotlitbow wrote:

No, all indicators are there. As I mentioned earlier, it's all fine if I don't use autostart batch file.

The only problem I could think about is when you start FST via autostart.bat and change anything it would not save the change.
Only changes applied to FST are when you start it manually (and close).
Could this be somehow related to your issue? Like when you start it via bat file it has different settings?

I tried a demo strategy and this time I only see the first error message (different file that access to it was denied)

I am going to try the old fashioned way: uninstall and reinstall FST:)

togr wrote:
fotlitbow wrote:

The only problem I could think about is when you start FST via autostart.bat and change anything it would not save the change.
Only changes applied to FST are when you start it manually (and close).
Could this be somehow related to your issue? Like when you start it via bat file it has different settings?

Uninstalled and reinstalled FST, tried the default autostart.bat (only the first ID 100, Test Trade), first error message was the same, no second error message, Test Trade strategy was loaded ok(because no custom indicators insides?). It automatically traded on my demo account onece (O dear, luckily not my real account;p )

Interesting things was, after FST was running (with autostart.bat and 1st error message), I loaded my strategy Alex, it gave me exact same error message as the second screenshot I posted earlier.

I think it is what togr suggested, it may be related to some problematic default settings that could not be saved anyway with autostart.bat. Considering I reinstalled FST from scratch, it could be FST itself that has some issues with default setting inside.

Anybody else has similar problem with FST v 3.2.2.0?

I remember in Popov's changelog, there was something "  - Indicators are unified for all programs."

Anything to do with that?

I am going to try old versions.

10 (edited by fotlitbow 2013-10-14 12:47:10)

I tried FST v 3.2.2.0 on another computer (also Win7 64bit), it worked fine without any error. Strange.

Found the cause, now solved!

Thanks Google for this:

http://forum.wdlxtv.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=7859