Topic: Range Bars Test

I would like to test a strategy in range bars  M2 . Anyone nows how can i do this? Thanks .

Re: Range Bars Test

This has been covered on numerous occasions, have you read this -> http://forexsb.com/forum/topic/2550/ran … -possible/

Thanks, and i have another quwstion .
I am trying to run the trader in an MT4  range bar chart in M2 but it needs 300 bar as minimum . My range bar chart in M2 has 180 bars , Any idea how can i do that? Thanks in advance .

Get more data in MT first, then convert to range bars. You have to get at least 300 bars, otherwise trader won't trade.

any idea how do i get more data  becouse my script range bars , that i use gives only 180 bars . Thanks .

If you can't extract more data then it's finished. You know, I had similar problem some years ago, my then broker didn't provide reliable M1 data for more than 100 000 bars. I changed the broker and got things done. I didn't close the previous account, but logged in every week or so to download M1 data, after couple of months MT had enough data to give me 300+ range bars.

I don't know how to hack into MT's hst files (data files in MT). If there would be a possibility to edit that, then you could stitch in enough bars to generate enough number of range bars. I'm pretty sure Adam from this forum knows how to do it as he made hst import for FSB.

Your options then: 1) new broker; 2) gather data (takes months); 3) look into how to open hst files for editing.