1 (edited by slowkey 2013-05-22 20:06:24)

Topic: Update all the instruments of your mt4 automaticaly

If you all have this script somewhere than one of the mods or Popov can delete this but this little script will download all the data from your broker that is available. You do not have to page down and go through each instrument. Always good to use this on automated accounts. Drop it on just one chart and you can watch it work under the experts tab. If you do not have this anywhere on the site than putting this somewhere as a sticky would be very cool. smile

It goes under scripts in the mt4 experts directory

Post's attachments

Force history download.ex4 4.16 kb, 37 downloads since 2013-05-22 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Re: Update all the instruments of your mt4 automaticaly

Will it download all pairs or only for the pair on chart?

Thanks!

I would like to see the code, if it's open.

We have something like this in MT4-FST Expert, but it loads data only for the selected chart.

Probably we have to make a MT4 section in our forum. We can post there hint and MT4 code.

5 (edited by slowkey 2013-05-22 21:00:36)

Popov wrote:

Probably we have to make a MT4 section in our forum. We can post there hint and MT4 code.

Here is the source file Popov. smile

Just drop it on one chart. No need to have all the charts open. It will download for all the instruments.

Doug

Post's attachments

Force history download.mq4 4.58 kb, 66 downloads since 2013-05-22 

slowkey wrote:
Popov wrote:

Just drop it on one chart. No need to have all the charts open. It will download for all the instruments.

Doug

Hello slowkey , its not working with me  , what iam doing wrong  !!!!!

Post's attachments

not working.png
not working.png 25.19 kb, 1 downloads since 2013-05-22 

It is not perfect but generally works very well. You can watch the output in the experts tab to see if there is any that fail. I usually just run it again and they pass but you can manually make sure. This what Matt wrote about it.

This script uses iBars() to ATTEMPT to force-load historical data for all
   found FX symbols and timeframes.  Note that iBars() call
   is supposed to return number of bars, but actually forces load
   of 2048 points in an undocumented way in some cases, but not always.

There is no way I know
   to force load all data, but this will get a reasonable amount
   on all symbols & timeframes.

Message will go to Experts tab via Print() statement.

Read the message and attempt to manually download
   those which failed. Why?  CrapT4.

ahmedalhoseny wrote:
slowkey wrote:
Popov wrote:

Doug

I am not sure what I am looking at.

Make sure you have a chart up and running of mt4 that has no ea on it. Probably getting interference from the ea on the chart. Make sure you put it  on a chart that is not in use by FST. Should work than I think.

Ok my bad. lol I uploaded the wrong mql file. The right one is in the message about the source code now.

10 (edited by slowkey 2013-05-22 21:04:56)

slowkey wrote:
ahmedalhoseny wrote:
slowkey wrote:

Doug

I am not sure what I am looking at.

Make sure you have a chart up and running of mt4 that has no ea on it. Probably getting interference from the ea on the chart. Make sure you put it  on a chart that is not in use by FST. Should work than I think.

ahmedalhoseny Re-download the file. I am sorry I posted an fst file lol ...

This is very interesting, I'll ask the author Matt Kennel if I can use a part of this code in our expert.

Doug, is Matt Kennel a member of http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/ forum?

Popov wrote:

This is very interesting, I'll ask the author Matt Kennel if I can use a part of this code in our expert.

Yes I think he is but I am not sure of his member name. It may be matt_32 you can try that but to be sure just PM SteveHopwood and he will direct you to him.

Doug

Popov wrote:

mbkennel is his user name and you will find a thread from him under the coders section.

Doug

hello i started the script on eurusd 1hr but it work and stoped at the same second smile 

See my attachment

Post's attachments

!!!.png 92.58 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

his profile
http://www.stevehopwoodforex.com/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=764

Username:mbkennel

You might try it on another pair or time frame, I have used it often, the problem is that you are getting MT4 data which is not really the best.

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

i tried everything switched pairs and time frames but same issue

i think its limited to a number of pairs not all , also if mt4 platform gold , silver ,...etc  it cannot download them and limited by a number of bars per timeframe  !!!!  any suggestions

regards

ahmedalhoseny wrote:

i think its limited to a number of pairs not all , also if mt4 platform gold , silver ,...etc  it cannot download them and limited by a number of bars per timeframe  !!!!  any suggestions

regards

My suggestion is to use Jforex to get the best data and easy import to FSB, it takes time but is reliable.

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

ahmedalhoseny wrote:

regards

The script appears to have run correctly on your mt4. If you have all the data and there is none to download than it will quickly run through the instruments and close. You might want to go under the instrument panel and right click and click on show all and run it. Here is my results on my Demo. Downloaded all including gold silver and exotics. Your pic actually looks correct to me. If you are up to date on your history data than there is nothing to download. We use it mainly on new demos we are going to use for EA's to make sure we have all the back data. Also any live account it never has been run on. After that if you run it again it closes almost immediately because you have already run it in the past. Only so much data available. Here is a pic of mine. Unless I am misunderstanding something it looks correct to me.

Post's attachments

script.jpg 483 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

20 (edited by slowkey 2013-05-25 22:09:55)

See following post

slowkey wrote:
Blaiserboy wrote:
ahmedalhoseny wrote:

regards

My suggestion is to use Jforex to get the best data and easy import to FSB, it takes time but is reliable.

However the script is not perfect as Matt Kennel states in his description of it and you may be able to download some more manually.

I think the script works fine for testing EA's and strategies on strategy trader. I think if you want to go back years with absolute accuracy in FSB I have come to the conclusion that tick data as mentioned by Blaiserboy and boldtrader is worth obtaining to have it build the historical bars.