Topic: Allow Generating of Same and Opp Direction Signal

AB contributed two new options to Generator - individually controlling of generation of Same and Opp direction signals.

http://s22.postimg.org/antqg120t/Forex_Strategy_Builder_Microsoft_Visual_Studio_2.jpg

Do you prefer to name options "Generate" instead of "Do not change..."? I prefer to do so because this is the case in FSB Pro.

http://s8.postimg.org/r5soi91a9/Strategy_Generator_EURUSD_1_Day_5715_bars_201.jpg

Another question:
By adding these two options, we make locking of Properties slot inessential.
Do you mind if I remove locking of Properties slot?

Re: Allow Generating of Same and Opp Direction Signal

I prefer "Do not change..." I don't think the locking matters.

I believe that the locking of strategy properties is no longer needed, since we now have the ability to individually control each component.

ab

Hey fellow developers,
Tho im fairly new to FSB and yet i wanna thank you for your absolutely awesome work. But one thing im not following here is that why "not changing same or opp direction" would replace locking the slots? i do wanna ask one more thing is that what is the diff between locking all slots and linking them all together, thanks for your knowledge smile

... why "not changing same or opp direction" would replace locking the slots?

Suppressing generation of only same and opposite direction signal is not equal to locking the strategy properties box, but when you suppress also generation of TP, SL and BE is equal.

locking all slots

Doesn't make sense since there is nothing for generation. Generator never changes a locked slot. However, if you lock all slot of a strategy with 2 slots and you have set 4 possible opening slots, for example. Generator will leave these 2 slots intact and may generate 2 more opening logic slots.

linking them all together...

Generator doesn't change indicator name in a linked indicator, but it does change its logic and parameters.