Topic: MetaQuotes clean up and the impact to FST

There's a rumor going round that the update package of MT come Monday will disable the use of dll's. Seems like the end of FST as we know it?

More reading here - http://forexmagnates.com/3rd-party-deve … s-re-acts/

Re: MetaQuotes clean up and the impact to FST

well, it's clear that something has been going on since the first of April.  But I don't know enough about FST to know why what MetaQuotes may be doing soon may spell the end of FST.  The things on the ExpertAdvisor, like autoclosing all trades when a minimum acct balance is reached, I understand.  but surely most of what FST does, won't be prohibited.  Or will it??

jgp wrote:

well, it's clear that something has been going on since the first of April.  But I don't know enough about FST to know why what MetaQuotes may be doing soon may spell the end of FST.  The things on the ExpertAdvisor, like autoclosing all trades when a minimum acct balance is reached, I understand.  but surely most of what FST does, won't be prohibited.  Or will it??

If rumors are true, custom dll file usage will be not available, which means FST will not connect to MT. How to workaround it or is it possible, I don't know, I'm too novice of a coder for this to answer.

I have been looking for information about this but it looks like EA's & FST should be fine. I think the problem will be with brokers that modify MT4 to give one click buy/sell type functionality and where they mess with the MT4 dll's and install files. I just hope this is the case as I cannot find anything other than rumours. Monday will tell!

SpiderMan wrote:

brokers that modify MT4 to give one click buy/sell type functionality and where they mess with the MT4 dll's and install files.

It's actually native already in MT, don't remember the build number though.

Well, AlpariUS and AlpariUK demos look just the same but FXCM really looks weird with  many many gaps on M1, M5, M15 charts.

rebooted PC and re-installed everything related to MT4.  FXCM demo platform now also appears to be operating as before.  wish someone knowledgeable would explain what MetaQuotes did, why they did it, and how - if at all - it affects FST.

MetaTrader4 is licensed (to brokers) under fairly strict conditions and only limited changes are permitted under the agreement (such as the icon, server files, instruments, EA's and scripts, etc).  The broker is not permitted to change any of the actual code (such as the EXE or DLL files), and any changes to these files is in breach of the license agreement.

There are a number of brokers who have modified the internal DLL files that install with MT4 in order to provide additional functionality.  The only way that these brokers would have known details of the internal functionality of MT4 would have been to reverse engineer the DLL files in question, MetaQuotes have clearly seen this as a breach of the license agreement.

So, it appears that MetaQuotes are enforcing their license conditions by stopping brokers who replace executable code with their own custom versions.

This change will have no impact on FST or any other application that uses a DLL that is called from an EA or a Script.

ab

much obliged for explanation.

ab, thanks for putting everyones mind at ease. I am sure there were a lot of FST users loosing sleep over this on Sunday night.

Thanks, Adam!

As this issue is a non-issue fortunately, I'll close the topic.