201 (edited by mathimatikos 2014-12-23 16:37:51)

Re: FSB Pro Wish List - Requested features

yavor99 wrote:
mathimatikos wrote:

Let us suppose that FSB generates a strategy from some historical data.
The strategy comes with some statistics based to these data (backtest).
win/loss ratio, average pips per transaction, dd in pips, stagnation
(I think these are the most important but somebody could add some more)
It would be helpful to save these statistics on the generated strategy file description
and for FST when trades this strategy live to have a page with a continous report
about divergences or convergences between live trades and backtest statistics.

Ehm.. this is already done with OOS (out of sample) testing. Basically OOS allows you to completely hide part of the newest data from the generator. So it operates with the first 80% of the data (example) and you can see how the strategy preforms on it's own on unknown to it data.

it is described here http://forexsb.com/wiki/fsbpro_guide/st … sample_oos

Does this applied when the FST does live trading?
Does give a continous report like the speed meter of a car for example?
I mean that this tool would be able to say how the live trading of a strategy
is in accordance with the back test or not and how close are the statistics
from the real trades to the back test statistics.

Νοῦς ὁρᾶ καί νοῦς ἀκούει.

202 (edited by mathimatikos 2014-12-23 15:59:10)

I believe that the FSB is better to remain as is about the CPU usage.
Some users asket for FSB to use all the cores of a CPU.
This could drain the CPU and freeze the PC.
By my experience one core is quite enough for FSB to run.
Also somebody could run an other instance of FSB to use another CPU core.
But I don't know if it would be possible in the future to add an option
of how many cores of the CPU does somebody want to use for FSB.

mathimatikos wrote:

It would be useful to add a shortcut to option "save as"
like "ctrl A" for example to eliminate the mouse use.

http://s28.postimg.org/d7y2o749p/screenshot_246.png
Duh...

mathimatikos wrote:

I believe that the FSB is better to remain as is about the CPU usage.
Some users asket for FSB to use all the cores of a CPU.
This could drain the CPU and freeze the PC.
By my experience one core is quite enough for FSB to run.
Also somebody could run an other instance of FSB to use another CPU core.
But I don't know if it would be possible in the future to add an option
of how many cores of the CPU does somebody want to use for FSB.

Look under settings to set the number of cores....  the option has been there for a long time

My 'secret' goal is to push EA Studio until I can net 3000 pips per day....

I wish to suggest that before we ask for improvements and changes to the software that we fully explore and become familiar with what we have already, this is a very powerful software, with all sorts of tools, it is up to each of us to learn the software and maximize the existing features.

Blaiserboy wrote:

I wish to suggest that before we ask for improvements and changes to the software that we fully explore and become familiar with what we have already, this is a very powerful software, with all sorts of tools, it is up to each of us to learn the software and maximize the existing features.

I agree, I see some users, including myself - constantly asking for things to be added, that are already there. Looks like we all need to take our time to catch up on what Popov has created smile))

Hello Yavor99,

First of all thanks for your response...

I tried your idea; create strategy copies and use portfolio for see specific strategy's total result for many instruments. Yes its acceptable for me.

Also you said u can use same technique for your criteria problem. I don't understand what are u mean exactly but actually we can write indicator that test these criteria and create output trade/don't trade flag. And use this indicator inside of strategy and run strategy for many instruments, so if criteria meet for EURUSD and GBPUSD at the same time, positions will be open for these instruments. This is not relevant what i said;

I try to explain again with an example;

Suppose each day i'm trading only 9:00 AM-11:00AM EST and around 8:30AM i'm looking 10 different instruments charts and note that what is current price distance to 100 period simple moving average. After that i'm selecting instrument that have smallest value and intra-day only trading with this instrument and want to automate this selection process(my criteria not only one and simple like in my example).

I hope this time more clear, sorry about my poor english.

Have a great day...

You will need a custom indicator developed for that purpose, perhaps it may be more feasible to make your observations manually as a custom indicator may require periodic adjutments.

aytacasan wrote:

Hello Yavor99,

First of all thanks for your response...

I tried your idea; create strategy copies and use portfolio for see specific strategy's total result for many instruments. Yes its acceptable for me.

Also you said u can use same technique for your criteria problem. I don't understand what are u mean exactly but actually we can write indicator that test these criteria and create output trade/don't trade flag. And use this indicator inside of strategy and run strategy for many instruments, so if criteria meet for EURUSD and GBPUSD at the same time, positions will be open for these instruments. This is not relevant what i said;

I try to explain again with an example;

Suppose each day i'm trading only 9:00 AM-11:00AM EST and around 8:30AM i'm looking 10 different instruments charts and note that what is current price distance to 100 period simple moving average. After that i'm selecting instrument that have smallest value and intra-day only trading with this instrument and want to automate this selection process(my criteria not only one and simple like in my example).

I hope this time more clear, sorry about my poor english.

Have a great day...

209 (edited by vcfriend 2014-12-30 06:40:41)

I want to add an indicator smile
1. Increase the value of the current profit and loss positions , so you can easily manage different positions.

Count me in on adding an indicator please. smile

Maximum consecutive losses

I have the account settings (acceptance criteria) at 1. and the genrator seems to be accepting 5

212 (edited by mathimatikos 2015-02-07 19:15:51)

I think that the next step for  FSB Pro is to combιne techical analysis with fundamental analysis.

This could be done with a seperate file which could contain all news releases
and some new "Fundamental" indicators .
A single "News" file could work for all trading pairs in FOREX, Futures, Indices etc.

Each kind of news could have a code like coordinates:

Country - Importance (high medium low) -Kind ( Interest Rate Decision - Employment etc.

Also it would be useful for someone to adjust it to his brokers time region.

213 (edited by ahmedalhoseny 2015-02-07 20:02:48)

Dear Pop

I have some suggestions

1- Function That reserve the 8 enter and 8 exit slots to a specific logical groups from beginning '' through a pre determined profile''

Example : Two open slots A , two open Slots B , two open Slots C , two open slots D و
                 Two open Slots A , Two open Slots B , other slots free
                  ....... etc of combinations

The idea in simple way to give the slot (A, B ,..... Mark) before add the indicator it self.

1- select the structure before generator work is it a free slot selection like now , or forced path
2- Run the generator
3- fill the slot what ever marked with logical group or not with the indicators

Logics behind:
1-  for the high frequency traders that needs the account trade most of time  with two or even more strategies.

2- some times w need to fix a specific findings'' the core strategy idea'' and we need the generator to find a profitable modification without touching the core concept . but the generator will change it once it start

Its something like behaving the generator smile

Post's attachments

idea.gif
idea.gif 2.46 kb, 1 downloads since 2015-02-07 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

2- Strategy properities :
'' Add , Reverse , winner , Reduce '' Not to be fixed and can be changed by generator.

3- Taking the next step in portfolio testing : Test portfolio of currency pairs at the same time

Allowing inheritance from custom indicator its really needed

217 (edited by yonkuro 2015-02-28 12:55:17)

I hope there will be a separated program or maybe some kind of light mode feature that is especially designed to generate a strategy.

The old ordinary FSB is faster and lighter, but it doesn't have mt4 exporting feature. The current FSB Pro is excellent, but it consumes more memory and usage, and the calculation speed is slower than old FSB.

Regards.

do or do not there is no try

I wish to see the multimarket trading report , journal & balance/equity chart synchronized by time ''FIFO''

To Have  Dynamic legend In multi market page to be easy follow the performance

Post's attachments

Dynamic Legend.gif
Dynamic Legend.gif 11.18 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

ahmedalhoseny wrote:

I feel like voting against this change.

From what I understand the monte carlo tool is used to make sure a strategy is not too curve fitted and works on different markets. I feel a change like the one you require will actually not make anything better but probably confuse users.

yavor99 wrote:
ahmedalhoseny wrote:

From what I understand the monte carlo tool is used to make sure a strategy is not too curve fitted and works on different markets. I feel a change like the one you require will actually not make anything better but probably confuse users.

Its a cosmetic change to be able to see which pairs not working '' as preliminary step'' , as you see when you have 20 pairs in that list you will find lots of orange and blue lines which makes me confused

Why its useful : If you find that the highest spread currencies always in the lower legend  , so you may think that strategy not that bad and the bad performance due to high spread cost which lead you not to ignore the strategy but try to maintain it in generator again

Another modification needed : Close all open trades from FST directly

This is a good idea.

I don't think Yavor is actually a user nor trader so I would discard his opinion.

I know exactly what you are looking for and can see its benefit.

ahmedalhoseny wrote:
yavor99 wrote:
ahmedalhoseny wrote:

Its a cosmetic change to be able to see which pairs not working '' as preliminary step'' , as you see when you have 20 pairs in that list you will find lots of orange and blue lines which makes me confused

Why its useful : If you find that the highest spread currencies always in the lower legend  , so you may think that strategy not that bad and the bad performance due to high spread cost which lead you not to ignore the strategy but try to maintain it in generator again

ahmedalhoseny wrote:

This is not very easy actually. The problem is that the charts appear when the program calculates a pair and we don't know the performance of the other not yet calculated. Also the calculations are parallel.
To that I have to store the results in a buffer and to plot them after the whole set is calculated.

Popov wrote:
ahmedalhoseny wrote:

This is not very easy actually. The problem is that the charts appear when the program calculates a pair and we don't know the performance of the other not yet calculated. Also the calculations are parallel.
To that I have to store the results in a buffer and to plot them after the whole set is calculated.

So what about showing the (currency name & spread ) when moving mouse over the charts !!!!